Why PADI dive shop was trying to convince me to do PADI eLearning thru them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I were you I'd find a shop that is honest with me. How hard would it have been to say, "the we get credit for you." or something equally innocuous? If they can't be straight with you on such a trivial matter, can you trust them when you go to buy a $2,500 dry suit?

Jar456 - that's incorrect. I don't know about the student interface/process into ELearning, but I do know that independent instructors can certainly register for Elearning credit. We get paid the commission via Paypal. I've never done this though, as I value that student interface time during theory work to help prime the conditions, awareness and attitude that I want to exist when in-water training commences.

Jar456 - that's incorrect. I don't know about the student interface/process into ELearning, but I do know that independent instructors can certainly register for Elearning credit. We get paid the commission via Paypal. I've never done this though, as I value that student interface time during theory work to help prime the conditions, awareness and attitude that I want to exist when in-water training commences.

Andy,
The method we have to use as "Independent Instructors" is as follows:

1. Instructor purchases full price "Gift Pass" with an associated PIN.

2. Student tells us "the Instructor" they would like to do E-Learning.

3. We send them the Gift Pass(via email), and we collect the fee from the student.

4. PADI provides us a 25% rebate on the E-learning fee via your PAYPAL account.

Everything is relatively transparent to the student, but it is a bit onerous for the Instructor to participate. The only reason I say that, is because the Instructor has to come out of pocket to purchase the PASS upfront. I currently have a credit of two e-learning passes because two Singapore based students opted to not do e-learning after I purchased the PASSes for them, so the passes will sit there until I have two more e-learning students.

I think it is a good option for us to have in our teaching "tool box" but unfortunately the perspective student cannot sign up with us directly via the website.

Cheers,
Roger

Devon, I am correct. There is, however, a way for an independent instructor to get credit but he/she must first purchase the elearning. Roger's post explained it correctly after your post.

Independent instructors are NOT listed as one of the choices on the eLearning and the student MUST choose a dive shop. UNLESS you, as the instructor purchase the course for them. PADI will then enter your information into their eLearning account.

I have done this on both ends and worked with PADI on this on both ends. This is how it works.

For what it is worth...I use the entire Naui elearning as homework. One still has to attend 60 hours of class and pool. Doesn't matter to me whether it is a University or private class. Same thing.
Far as I know I've never gotten a dime from NAUI for elearning.

But then, that's just me.
Mike

well, we all know you suck, mikey...

(it's ok, i stalk him in real life, too!)

hi, mike! :happywave:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom