Why our Dive Industry does not get too much exposure in North America?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BabyD, why don't you just post it on a worldwide forum so everyone can see and get scared by it?
If you knew how alerts worked in the US you would know that all US citizens see this anyway on our State Department websites. I posted it here in this forum for us to laugh at and ridicule. Joe Tourist knows that the State Department is blowing smoke up their dress with these warnings.

If you knew how alerts worked in the US you would know that all US citizens see this anyway on our State Department websites. I posted it here in this forum for us to laugh at and ridicule. Joe Tourist knows that the State Department is blowing smoke up their dress with these warnings.

Apologies for my ignorance.

:fruit:

I think it has to do with Cory's Senate kicking out the bases in ...91? The US government is good at holding grudges. Cuba....Viet Nam....

That's funny....I don't remember it going down like that....I do remember the Philippine Congress wanting to jack up the lease rates for Subic and Clark by some crazy amount. When the volcano blew it allowed the US Air Force to exit gracefully and Subic followed when the leases expired. As for getting kicked out...well, I wouldn't call it that. Holding grudges...oh yeah.....it seems to be tied to this administration's strategy on foreign policy. Oh, the State Department pulled the warning for some reason.....weird.

That's funny....I don't remember it going down like that....I do remember the Philippine Congress wanting to jack up the lease rates for Subic and Clark by some crazy amount. When the volcano blew it allowed the US Air Force to exit gracefully and Subic followed when the leases expired. As for getting kicked out...well, I wouldn't call it that.

they were kicked out. I remember as it led up to the official vote and Cory was "keeping her options open" right up to the end.

In 1990, then-President Corazon Aquino rejected a United States plan for a 10-year extension of the bases' lease, which expired in 1991. Instead, she required all forces to leave within three years. In a Los Angeles Times article, President Aquino was quoted as saying, "[The bases] are not the heart of our economy, nor the soul of our political well-being. Certainly, they do not define our society... They are important, but they are not everything." In the same article, base opponent Sen. Wigberto E. Tanada complained, "They are the worst part of our national problems and not the solution." ("Aquino Calls for Orderly Pullout of U.S. Forces," Los Angeles Times, Bob Drogin, September

This is copied from this Why America Is Losing Valuable Friends and Allies - by Rod McNair

I only hope our next president can repair damaged relationships with many of our allies and other countries.

I only hope our next president can repair damaged relationships with many of our allies and other countries.
nah... i think hillary is going to bring the whole might of the US military to finally punish that beeyatch who gave her hubby some nooky :rofl3:

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom