Why our Dive Industry does not get too much exposure in North America?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i wonder why all smilies are bald.

Just pay your taxes and us foreigners will show your LGU's how to fix the problem since the citizens don't give two rips.........

Bwahahaha, good line of thought there... those silly little asians, they don't know what they're doing, do they. :shakehead: Trash disposal needs a government initiative to sort it out. Which needs the masses to be educated to make an informed descision when it comes time to vote. I hope you vote that way if you're allowed to. Then again you probably voted for dubyah, yeehaw!

I like the way that foreigners are fixing the problems in the middle east...

You insinuated it was the PPDs responsibility here, but that is just semantics. Why would an individual be obligated to promote tourism?:

I appreciate that you missed 'job' out, but i attribute that to you being a dumbass rather than a tactical grammar play.

Agreed, i do not know about your efforts, but trying to get the ppd to do your marketing is just lame. They go to locally run, good diveshops in Anilao etc and there is a thriving diving economy supported solely on the pesos of Manilla-ites that you see posting on here. Why the hell should they want a bunch more foreigners coming there and diving on their sites? As Jag alluded to earlier, he couldn't really care less if no Americans want to come, it doesn't affect his enjoyment of his dives does it?

Sure building more big resorts like Atlantis brings in more tourist dollars,which in turn employs more locals which hopefully eases fishing pressure in diving areas, however another el nino event or some such like may well happen before we see the fruits of that line of thought. But as Matt has said, the purpose of his business is to make money whilst trying to do the best they can in their local community. Will BabyD ever admit he's building a resort to make money? I doubt it, he enjoys playing the ecological cruisader too much...

Your efforts on a environmental level are very interesting and admirable but will you also treat water from your neighbouring community? Help and educate local communities to deal with their waste problems? I hope so, and if you're not planning on it, it might be a good idea to do so.

For the record i think it's great that you are trying to make a difference- and i respect that, and i think it's great that you consult with the PPD, too. But your controlling nature on the threads gets a little tiresome, and from the pm's i get after teasing you i'm not the only one that thinks so. I encourage to to continue seeking feedback wherever you can, but maybe just mellow out a bit ad accept that you are going to get some criticism. Why if someone disagrees with you do you become insulting and tell them to not post anymore?

I actually first went to the Philippines in 99 to research some of the stuff were talking about here, so whilst i don't know everything (which you CLEARLY do) i do know a fair bit.

I took Caloy's comment as sarcasm, of course the trash is all of our problem. I am 100% sure he is baiting the thread! I mean he economizes on his plastic waste by not shaving and growing that silly little beard. :mooner:

The SCUBA industry would not work without foreigners and their money (in the Philippines). We are in the business to make money responsibly. Your comments are off base.

The SCUBA industry would not work without foreigners and their money (in the Philippines).

:11:

oh, for the love of...

im guessing there will be no Dive-O-Rama Culasi after this. :popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom