Why our Dive Industry does not get too much exposure in North America?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bwahahahhahahha.....

But it's time to face the truth
I got drunk and made out with a dude.

:rofl2:

Now, Maggie, you haven't gone and destroyed my iconic image of you have you. I'm sure it was a Zeeman, not just any mortal dude.

Now, Maggie, you haven't gone and destroyed my iconic image of you have you. I'm sure it was a Zeeman, not just any mortal dude.

noooo!!!! i was just quoting the lyrics of that You Tube video, dr. Bill!!!! :rofl2:

This is freakin' brilliant—whoops! I started way, way, way too early. What? No. Just keep going? Yeah, it's fine. Cheers.

This is freakin' brilliant.
The embarrassment I endure
I thought I saw an angel
I was completely sure
She smiled at me on the subway
Turned out she was a man
I didn't know until I tried to sleep with her
After 8 black and tans

But she was beautiful, She was beautiful
She was beautiful, I swear
When I saw her face, it was in a crowded place
And I didn't see the bump right here
I shouldn't've drank so much beer.

Yeah, she had one lazy eye
But I couldn't tell in that light.
You should have seen the look on my face
When we got home that night.
And I said, "What the----oh my! Can we turn off the lights?"
But she just took off her clothes and my lust turned to fright.

But she was beautiful, She was beautiful
She was beautiful, I swear
When I saw her face, it was in a crowded place
And I didn't see the bulge right here.
Why did I drink so much beer?

No no no no no,
No no no no no no,
No no no no no no!

But she was beautiful, I promise she was beautiful
You gotta believe me she was beautiful, I swear.
I bet a flock of angels had smiles on their faces
As they watched me almost hook up with her—him—her—him—oh, gosh.
But it's time to face the truth
I got drunk and made out with a dude.

Then who did he go out with? The Ed from the mag said he was going out with a chick...

:popcorn::popcorn:
very hard to tell "chick" from the "_ick" sometimes... some look pretty convincing till you notice the adam's apple or hear them talk in a nice baritone...

Jag

very hard to tell "chick" from the "_ick" sometimes... some look pretty convincing till you notice the adam's apple or hear them talk in a nice baritone...

Jag

Yeah, you must be gutted when you find out it's a woman.... :mooner:

Ah, I guess I didn't hear those lyrics, Maggie. This computer has lousy speakers.

As for promoting the great diving in the Philippines to the US market, my offer stands. However there is another option. If there are videographers out there who have mini-DV or HD footage they'd be willing to share, I could assemble an episode or two on diving the Philippines using your footage (with credit to the videographers and other sources) and include it in my already running Dive Highlights cable TV show. I don't get paid for producing that one... it is entirely educational... so I can't pay for the footage, but at least it would get more exposure here in SoCal.

The Philippines is known as a very reasonably priced location to dive. As our economy in the States continues to tank, more divers may view it as an option since we have good access to flights from the West Coast. Some other, more expensive dive locations are losing "appeal" simply because of the dollar's loss in value.

since we have good access to flights from the West Coast. Some other, .

Good 13 hour flights, and another night and maybe half day to get to the resort in the Philippines. I think that's the turn off for many Americans. It's just so fricken far.
I leave Belize on Wednesday night and get to Boracay on Saturday (Continental through Honolulu/Guam). Ok, I gain a day coming back but on a three week vacation, it's 5 days traveling almost. To me it's well worth it :D but I tell my American friend (old high school buddy) to come and do Apo Reef next year and he just looks at me like I'm crazy....which I am but still.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom