Why our Dive Industry does not get too much exposure in North America?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you thought the taxi went straight home??? :eyebrow:
ahhh... you went shopping on Orchard St?

Running away now...

Good 13 hour flights, and another night and maybe half day to get to the resort in the Philippines. I think that's the turn off for many Americans. It's just so fricken far.
I leave Belize on Wednesday night and get to Boracay on Saturday (Continental through Honolulu/Guam). Ok, I gain a day coming back but on a three week vacation, it's 5 days traveling almost. To me it's well worth it :D but I tell my American friend (old high school buddy) to come and do Apo Reef next year and he just looks at me like I'm crazy....which I am but still.....

seriously I think this is the main reason...

met an American guy at R4 (west papua), he came all the way from Boston to dive for 5 days..... only avid divers would do that, for them... you don't need to promote the place much coz they are constantly looking (googling) for interesting new places to dive. as for average divers, time, access & cost are crucial factors... even you have heard, read or seen how good they are... if you get decent dive near your home.... most probably they would choose to go diving in neighboring water....
besides, average american employees get only 2 weeks annual leave....

oh, please, bisugo. stop trying so hard.

although an advise, though, for a change. put something worthwhile in your signature line. the last time i checked, there's a good site called wow philippines. oh, look! i even put the link for you!

:doh:

passion for the sad plight of my mother country, my ass.

note to PPD: okay, i think i just got myself banned. see you guys in a week's time.

Dr. Bill,

Thank you for the generous offer. There are some folks here who volunteer or work for the Dept. of Tourism that may have ready-made video clips that you can use in your show. I just hope they are following development on this thread. I am not surprised if they moved on since this thread was highjacked and veered onto several other directions. Your recent posts as well as another PPD member's post have somewhat brought it back in course again. It is quite sad though that some PPD members did not find this thread worthwhile. They did find it very thought-provoking though. So though-provoking that some were very intimidated (don't ask me why, it was a strange reaction). My responses may have come across as very idealistic and aggressive but such is my passion for the sad plight of my mother country and its citizens. (I am not pretending to be a hero just sharing my thoughts and feelings). Overall, the thread did generate lots of worthwhile feedback from people who live inside and outside the country. There were some who responded in a nasty manner but such is life in a public forum:).

:doh:

passion for the sad plight of my mother country, my ass.

note to PPD: okay, i think i just got myself banned. see you guys in a week's time.

:rofl3: You're a bad a s s Maggie. Hah ! I wonder if the SB mods mod this forum anymore anyway? I think we receive special treatment....or non treatment. We'll see....

:D

Play Nice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom