Why our Dive Industry does not get too much exposure in North America?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hahaha,

I have an Indonesian one now, fortunately nowhere near as aggressive and noisy as you and Iris! I guess it much be a Dutch influence vs Spanish influence thing... :mooner::mooner::D

Last time i left the PI i had a ringing in my ears for 2 weeks - There will be a thread by Zee soon.... 'Maggie gave me tinnitus' :rofl3::rofl3:
:rofl2:

KIDNAPPED AND HIGHJACKED

I have an Indonesian one now

so, the chihuahua (sp?) finally achieved its objective.

Last time i left the PI i had a ringing in my ears for 2 weeks - There will be a thread by Zee soon.... 'Maggie gave me tinnitus' :rofl3::rofl3:

:rofl2: :rofl2: dude, ive seen him twice since then, he's probably officially DEAF now. no wonder he's still hanging around... :D.. my noise doesn't make a difference anymore. :rofl2:

bloody chihuahuas

are u sure its the chihuahua yelping, mickey? maybe you would want to substitute "bloody" with "poor" . :rofl2:

If anyone knows of or has experience with a US travel agency doing business in Asia let me know....please.

BabyD, here are links to the websites to two US dive travel agencies:

Caradonna:
Caradonna Dive Adventures - Dive Travel and Vacations

Island Dream:
Island Dreams Travel scuba diving vacations, cozumel scuba diving, dive travel, dive resorts, diving trips

I usually go to these folks when inquiring about trip packages. They are very courteous and knowledgeable. I have not had a chance to use their services because they do not have good rates for departures from Canadian cities. The Philippines section in Caradonna is under the "Exotic" tab.

I am planning to visit the Scuba Show in LA this June. If you want, I can help you look for dive travel agencies that book trips to the South Pacific. Just let me know how I can be of help.

See how free discussion generates interest and help!?! ....gotta love that internet thingie!

As for the American clientele being afraid of traveling in the Philippines, BUNK! That is not an issue.

I think you might be being a little optimistic with that statement. Out of all nations the US probably has the highest % of "scared" travellers in my experience. The good thing is that as there are so many people in the US with available income that the % which is not scared is more than enough to fill you resort :)

This trend will eventually permeate all of society and we can then right some wrongs. Be cool.

If the end of the world doesn't come first aka The Day after Tomorrow; War of the Worlds; Children of Men; Al Gore etc etc oh and Hilary as President!

Back
Top Bottom