Why not No Viz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Low vis is highly rated in my book. It makes you slow down and pay attention to the details. (of course, the details are all you can really pay attention to, since you have to be less than 2 feet away to see 'em!)

I'm just a hopeless Romantic.

I always say that Love is Blind.......
You fall in love with what you bump into :wink:

So I like being alone when I really can't see much. If there is any light from above it will play tricks with your eyes and make you think things are there. Direction is distorted, Orientation means nothing. In total blackness it's even better.
Now throw in a surprize tree and some fishing line and you have a party :D

Lake Murray down deep in an exceptional moment with great vis of 2 feet.
1cedar.JPG

Go ahead and call me a wuss. I like the warm water with good viz.

One downside of good viz is that it makes it real easy to see all the danglies :D

Yea, but that is some pretty clear water in that picture.

One downside of good viz is that it makes it real easy to see all the danglies :D

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A derogatory term? Hmmmmm Let's see...

Therm=heat Photo=light hydra=water halo=salt phile=lover of

How about "Photothermahalohydraphile" or "lover of light, heat, and salt water"

We could abbreviate by sticking out our tongues and saying "pthhp"<---(does not translate well to the written form)

My life is so empty now that the "Why NOT DIR" thread closed. On the up side, my sides are no longer hurting!

No viz? Why not just play golf in the dark with no moon or basketball with blindfolds on?

Vis?
We don' got no stinkin vis.
We don' need no stinkin vis.

To me, good vis means I can see something.
Great vis is when I can see it before I can touch it.

Back
Top Bottom