Why Mares? WHY?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hazmatmess

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have been diving with a Mares Proton ICE for a couple of years. Love it. Great, reliable reg. Now why did Mares HAVE to make the She Dives regulator the SAME exact color as the Proton ICE??? :shakehead: I don't know what kind of comments I will be getting this season.... Can I change the colors on my proton ICE so it doesn't look like I'm diving with a woman's regulator???? LOL

You should start a campaign- "Real Men can handle the Ice!!" And besides, you're from S.I- who'd want to mess with you? :D

And if you're a HazMat guy, who'd get close enough to a glow-worm to bust their stones, anyhow?

simple solution, get a bright hot pink hose and that will let everyone know its not the same one...

This is the funniest post ever! I agree with the concern though. Looking forward to hearing from a MARES rep. I believe you should be able to return your reg for a full refund :)

My goodness, now we have a reg designed for women?!?

That just kind of seems odd to me. Men and women have their differences but the lungs function almost exactly the same right?

What next, different air mixes for women?!?

The purge cover, exhaust tee and mouthpiece from any Mares Proton metal second stage ought to interchange. Seems like a big "so what".

There has been a ladies model Harley, a pistol, cigars, power tools, and golf clubs. The golf clubs make sense as the are dimensionally different.

The color would mean nothing to me. Some divers may prefer to match that reg with a pink mask and fins to get the full effect.

What next, different air mixes for women?!?

I dunno, my wife might like some scented air in her tank so you may not be too far off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom