Why isn't DIR universally metric?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Linux is still around? Who would of thunk.

I keep on pointing out to the Debian Zealots, that as a FreeBSD zealot myself, that I have a considerably better argument that both .deb and .rpm package management systems suck, and that true geeks build from source...

I think I'm going to start using Planck units in diving now, since those are more fundamental and therefore clearly superior to metric...

I keep on pointing out to the Debian Zealots, that as a FreeBSD zealot myself, that I have a considerably better argument that both .deb and .rpm package management systems suck, and that true geeks build from source...

I think I'm going to start using Planck units in diving now, since those are more fundamental and therefore clearly superior to metric...

I've switched from a QWERTY keyboard to a DVORAK one, which is clearly superior. so this makes perfect sense to me.

i've switched from a qwerty keyboard to a dvorak one, which is clearly superior. So this makes perfect sense to me.

lol..

A discussion between a few posters on Scubaboard is hardly representative of the DIR community......particularly considering that for GUE alone, membership is made up from 70 countries....

Not only that its a North American focused board, the heartland of imperial tanks and SPGs.
Prime examples of the group think mentality that pervades even a reasonable, rational and fundamental discussion of units of measurement in a "DIR" thread.

You guys either don't get out much internationally outside North America, or are you totally oblivious that the membership of GUE made up from 70 countries uses the metric system outside the US? Another example of the dumb ethno & national-centric American Tourist visiting abroad: doesn't know the language; doesn't appreciate the culture; and doesn't know the Metric System.

For the rest of the world, this is elementary stuff . . . (but it sounds like this is still way over your heads so you feign indifference & dismissal?:shakehead:)

GUE has lost all credibility. People claiming Imperial is "Doing it right" simply cannot be taken seriously. By not going 100% metric and avoiding all conversions additional complexity is added without providing any value whatsoever, which clearly contradicts the GUE philosophy. I'll ignore these guys until they start to walk the talk.

GUE has lost all credibility. People claiming Imperial is "Doing it right" simply cannot be taken seriously. By not going 100% metric and avoiding all conversions additional complexity is added without providing any value whatsoever, which clearly contradicts the GUE philosophy.

Wow.

I'll ignore these guys until they start to walk the talk.

Anybody else see this as a total win-win situation?

You guys either don't get out much internationally outside North America, or are you totally oblivious that the membership of GUE made up from 70 countries uses the metric system outside the US?

Uh, the two posts you quoted are saying precisely what your post suggests they are unaware of. Odd.

(but it sounds like this is still way over your heads so you feign indifference & dismissal?:shakehead:)

Yah, you're right. I don't understand the metric system. I'm just pretending I do to hide my ignorance.

lol.

GUE has lost all credibility. People claiming Imperial is "Doing it right" simply cannot be taken seriously. By not going 100% metric and avoiding all conversions additional complexity is added without providing any value whatsoever, which clearly contradicts the GUE philosophy. I'll ignore these guys until they start to walk the talk.

I wasn't aware that "metric" means "avoiding all conversions."

again: lol

LOL

Wow.

Anybody else see this as a total win-win situation?

Yes

Uh, the two posts you quoted are saying precisely what your post suggests they are unaware of. Odd.
Yah, you're right. I don't understand the metric system. I'm just pretending I do to hide my ignorance.
lol.
All I see from the "Imperialists" are lame excuses, rhetoric and unsubstantial opinions adding nothing noteworthy to the discussion. . . (this is the real de facto "dark side" of group think, also called "drinking the koolaid". . .)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom