Why is someone moving al the FL threads?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I noticed that too. Why'd some of the dive reports get moved and others stayed?

SuPrBuGmAn:
Yeah, I noticed that too. Why'd some of the dive reports get moved and others stayed?

Odd how they are chosen which ones are moved? [sarcasim implied]

another reason for having a FL Panhandle sub-forum

Just a thought. Are the trip reports in threads by themselves. That may be why they get moved. Alot of the other trip reports are talked about in bigger threads that aren't just talking about that particular trip, or the report starts a discussion about something that wouldn't belong in the trips area. I like the trip reports you guys posted. the pictures were really good, and (on a side note) I hope that guy who went to the hospital is ok.

On another note I totally agree with you guys on subforums for different parts of the state. I tried very long and hard to get a Tampabay subforum, but it never happened. There are good reasons for and against it (although I think there are more good reasons for it) but the major reasons given to me is that too many subforums would complicate the board and possibly confuse people. Couple that with the people who just felt some need to voice opinions against something that didn't effect or concern them, and you can see what I was up against.

Ditto what Narcosis said. I am sure you guys have noticed we keep a "running" Tampa thread. It is a bit of a PITA; however, we have got more divers out because of it, inluding ourselves. Is spend a little time chasing up people who are in or around the Greater Tampa Bay area and send them the thread - as I said a PITA. I find it worth it becuase when I began here on SB my posts for a dive buddy were burried under the Conchs - never to be heard from again - this way people are really diving. It is a very small step in the right direction.

Hold on to your hats now though, as you will get people wondering why they can't have a sub-forum for their potato farm, since we asked for a diving sub-forum. *insert sarcasm*

A large running thread for the an area as large and diverse as the FL panhandle isn't really conducive to finding current info on our ever changing divesites. It also creates a mess when 'searching' on info on a particular site without having to wade through literally thousands of posts until current info on a particular site can be pinpointed.

Gulf conditions change rapidly and naturally. Couple that with our ever present beach restoration and its important to find accurate and up to date info. Search for the site, click the thread with the most current date. Whats easier? Surely not having to wade through numerous posts in dozens of pages.

A few of our springs are also very tempermental when it comes to rainfall, same circumstances apply.

"Trips & Local Marketplace... Fl Conch
A place for posting about upcoming trips, classes and other events, whether they are non-commercial or commercial in nature."

Notice the descripton of the subforum. There is nothing "upcoming" about a dive thats already taken place.

Personally, I think someone screwed up when they moved our threads. Surely they could have atleast left and explanation.

Meanwhile, there are plenty of active threads in the main FL forum that contain planning for 'upcoming' dives that probably should be in the subforum dedicated to 'upcoming' dives.

Maybe the board is just throwing up again?
Sure does make it hard to find stuff.
Maybe we should just PM the board to death :D.
I've always posted about future trips in the upcoming dive forum except when a hijack breaks out on a thread. I always post reports in the main Conch forum. It doesn't make sense to look for a past dive report in a future dive forum.

Any Mods out there got an anwer to our confused state?
Hello-hello-testing 1,2,3 ...... :D

North Florida, Central Florida, South Florida.

Why is the Tampa thread a bit of a PITA?

SeaYoda:
Any Mods out there got an anwer to our confused state?
Hello-hello-testing 1,2,3 ...... :D
Not me...I'd PM one of the many mods from FL and see what they know...

eandiver:
Why is the Tampa thread a bit of a PITA?

If you need info or current conditions on a site that can vary greatly within a week or two, you'd have to wade through several pages of info and banter on other sites, past dives, non-dive related stuff, ect.

Between the numerous offshore dives; shallow, deep, tech, rec and the many many springs; ow, cave, cavern, deep, long, ect. A single thread would get incredibly congested... and thats if it stays dive related - which it won't alot of times. Take any of the bigger threads that are currently active as an example of that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom