Why is it? (Tusa Xpert Zoom Split Fins)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulwall

Contributor
Reaction score
Why is it that the full-foot model of the Tusa Xpert Zoom Split Fin is only $35, but the strap/open heel version is $130. Is the design technology different? Crap, for $85, I'll go bootie-less in warm water. Is the full-foot targeting snorkelers, hence the lower price point? Is it a completely different design in the blade? Why is the price difference so inverted? :06:

The fins are not the same. The full foot fins are a simpler design.

while this doesn't explain the price difference exactly, but the open heel tusa split fin is a much larger fin than than the full foot fin, which is more the size of a snorkel fin.

BTW.... when I was in Divers Direct Worldwide watersports in Key Largo over 4th of July, they had the Tusa Split fin for $99. Check with them. ( I think it was $129 on their website though, but $99 in the store.)

mike_s:
while this doesn't explain the price difference exactly, but the open heel tusa split fin is a much larger fin than than the full foot fin, which is more the size of a snorkel fin.

BTW.... when I was in Divers Direct Worldwide watersports in Key Largo over 4th of July, they had the Tusa Split fin for $99. Check with them. ( I think it was $129 on their website though, but $99 in the store.)

I think I'm going to find an LDS that will let me compare them to my current 1987-vintage Tusa Liberators and then hammer on them with some internet price to see if they'll come close (if I like them). Can they really be that much better? :wink:

I think I found them for $89 somewhere...Now where was that?

EDIT: Oh, yeah. Unrealfind.com, 89.99 in Black or Yellow.

All of the above is true. And full foot fins, once they have been used a while, will tear out around the heel and you will need to replace the whole fin while an open heel fin will last much much longer as the strap can be replaced cheaply and easily.

Personally I would not care if they were free. I bought a pair and do not like them at all. I found them more than lacking in current. I will stay with my Mares Avantis.
rich

paulwall:
I think I found them for $89 somewhere...Now where was that?

EDIT: Oh, yeah. Unrealfind.com, 89.99 in Black or Yellow.

For some reason I can't get this site to open. (anyone else)?

Anyway. Looking at it on Google Cache it seems like a good deal.
But Google Cached doesn't show pictures. Right below it is the buckel
and strap for sale for $10.95. But since no pics, I can't tell if they
are included in the regular fin. But just FYI to check to make
sure it comes with a strap for $89 bucks.

Besides the Key Largo store of Divers Direct, looks like JoeDiver
has them for $99
http://www.joediveramerica.com/page/JDA/PROD/fin/SF-8

Divers Discount has them for $0.00. Yep, that's right. Zero bucks.
Hear the Monster Garage voice of "F-R-E-E-B-I-E-!-!-!-!" in the background.
I'm sure it's a mistake, but they have them for $0.00 on their website.
http://www.divers-discount.com/viewdetail.cfm?catid=79&ObjectGroup_ID=416&product_ID=7363

I wonder what would happened if I did an "add to cart" and bought one?

heh. -mike

Everyone else seems to have them for $129 (or more)

Back
Top Bottom