Why is apeks the best regulator ever conceived by human mind???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

will_tekkie

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi dear friends...

I´m really surprised for how easy is for people change ideas and follow others due to a heavy advertising....

in almost ALL threads in this forum i´ve read that apeks is THE regulator to choice...i´m very surprised..i´m agree apeks is ok..very nice reg...but is the same than other from de same brands (aqualung group) or zeagle, diverite, etc...all of them have almost EXACTLY the same design even with de dry sealed config....i found out that apeks parts sometimes are hard to find in countries where i used to dive...

some time ago poseidon was the best...why???...because it was and also because hard dives used to dived them....now JJ and George Irvine said apeks is the best...and surprise... now apeks is the best.....?????.you wanna do DIR diving..apeks is your reg...i just want to say that sometimes we have to keep our mind open enough and follow ideas no just because they are the current nice way to be a hardcore diver...this forum in my opinion would be a little wider with points of wiews...

For example i can get parts, tools and manuals for my rg1200 dive rite regulators mostly used for deco (2nd stage non-balanced design, rg2100 balanced models i have not owned yet)..even by email , these have the same design than apeks has....even with small details with make them simpler...the first stage is the same design than apeks..i can get them cheaper than apeks.....this brand for regs is by far less known than apeks..but has the same features....i´ve dove these reg a couple of time well beyond rec limits and worked great with air....with lesser density mixes will be better... i just wanted to write my opinion here...the most brands which make regulators are generally speaking good with several more VERY GOOD....no just apeks... i hope other people thinks the same...

will_tekkie:
now JJ and George Irvine said apeks is the best...and surprise... now apeks is the best.....?????.you wanna do DIR diving..apeks is your reg...

I've heard JJ is partial to ScubaPro (that's what I heard anyway) and I know other GUE instructors who use ScubaPro regs "religiously" (ok, bad terminology where DIR is involved). Personally, I use Apeks because they were a better deal than ScubaPro or Atomic and I also think they breath great.

will_tekkie:
Hi dear friends...

I´m really surprised for how easy is for people change ideas and follow others due to a heavy advertising....

Here is an example!

i´m agree apeks is ok..very nice reg...but is the same than other from de same brands (aqualung group) or zeagle, diverite, etc...all of them have almost EXACTLY the same design even with de dry sealed config....

Hogwash! If you have ever been inside each of them, you wouldn't make such a statement.

That was a great example of buying into advertisement.

I'm glad you found a reg you like but I'm with Pete on this one. Go Micra!

Hallmac

Hallmac:
Here is an example!

Hogwash! If you have ever been inside each of them, you wouldn't make such a statement.

Hallmac

i also have a micra ADJ reg with a SEA/COUSTEA 1st stage...i´ve been a very positive opinion about it..in fact, my reg has almost 1000 dives with just a couple of overhauls....i like the small size of its 2nd stage..so i´ agree with you...go micra...

If you don't like the Apeks reg, that's okay with me. No one is forcing you to buy it.

Just for your info-parts are easily found here in the States. And the reg is VERY easy to service. And breathes good also.

Oh yeah, one more thing. George Irvine loves his SP regs, but found that they had to be kept wet (actually kept in a wet container) or they would require servicing too often. A lot of the stage and deco regs that are left in the cave are SP, I believe.

Hallmac:
Here is an example!

Hallmac

obviously you did not understant the ideas behind it....i just want to say..that apeks is not the best.....its popularity is this forum is due mostly to the fact that DIR and tecs diver uses a lot because is a DIR regulator why???....well some people from GUE likes it....is cool to be a "DIR" diver... i was VERY surprised when in a thread a rookie diver asked on fins recommended..and several said JET fins!!!!!!!...before GUE nobody would said that....that fins are not the best for open water diving.....if you don believe me..just come to dive here..currents are VERY STRONG...this heavy and short fins are like a rubber dinosaur...

will_tekkie:
obviously you did not understant the ideas behind it....i just want to say..that apeks is not the best.....its popularity is this forum is due mostly to the fact that DIR and tecs diver uses a lot because is a DIR regulator why???....well some people from GUE likes it....is cool to be a "DIR" diver... i was VERY surprised when in a thread a rookie diver asked on fins recommended..and several said JET fins!!!!!!!...before GUE nobody would said that....that fins are not the best for open water diving.....if you don believe me..just come to dive here..currents are VERY STRONG...this heavy and short fins are like a rubber dinosaur...

I dunno. Sounds like the billy-goats gruff need to get after this guy. Couldn't be much more of a troll.

I wonder how many different makes Apeks as allowed companies to sell or manufacture its products?

Zeagle is one and Beuchat is another. Others anyone?

Truva

Back
Top Bottom