Why I Don't Dive Oklahoma Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I have since been corrected. See post #6 and #7...!!

adf8cd1.jpg

adf8dd2.jpg

adf8ed3.jpg

adf8fc4.jpg

Now thats what I call a-hell-of-a-gar!!! What did you catch it with, Anchor chain and your neighbors dog?

Lake Mead Tony:
Now thats what I call a-hell-of-a-gar!!! What did you catch it with, Anchor chain and your neighbors dog?
Wasn't me - from an email circulating....

TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT!

BUZZ...BUZZ..BUZZZ!

Come on Don, this is old news about the bow fishermen...you rogue you.

We go noodlin' for them things in okie land. :D

Hmm, that could be a part of the new swampers initiation ritual since we're running a little short of real alligators now.

And you would go diving somewhere that has bull sharks instead of those timid gar, huh?

Anyone up for some gar balls? Nice little tenderized gar meat that's formed like corn dodgers or hush puppies into about golf ball sized portions, then deep fryed in a dutch oven of hot oil, along with some catfish fillets....

Now where did I put my spear gun?

:D :D :D

Come on over and dive Broken Bow sometime...we'd love to see you in this neck of the woods!

Codyjp:
wow. how many average sized divers can one of those eat in a day?

Ohhh, about 5. :D

That email is fraud. That particular gar was caught in Sam Rayburn Lake last year, and the story was posted here on this forum last September and backed up by links to newspaper articles to the Dallas Morning News.

You noodle for them. Gawd!

ReefHound:
That email is fraud. That particular gar was caught in Sam Rayburn Lake last year, and the story was posted here on this forum last September and backed up by links to newspaper articles to the Dallas Morning News.
Thanks. I tried to check it on Snopes, but they didn't have anything on Broken Bow yet. I went back and edited post #1 to reference yours.

Okay, why I don't dive Sam Rayburn...!!

I was wondering how long it would take someone to catch the lake difference and get to the news article. :D

Way to go Reefhound! When are you going to be back up here and dive with the northern clan again?

Don, get over here and do some meet and greets with us eastern mud divers! Would love to have you come dive with us!

Now I know that the "Sirens are real" and what they really look like :D
I guess it's the Nitrogen that makes them look so pretty way down deep.

I used to stand on the dam at firemans park in graham, tx, as a kid, and fish for them. When we caught one we would throw it over the side of the dam. Good fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom