Why Home Depot ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lhpdiver:
That thought had crossed my mind. There's alot of underlying conditioning going on there... Home Depot - we help save you from hurricanes :)

I'm obviously not diving enough lately.

But then, since when have the bobbing heads reported unbiased non opinionated news stories? How many times have we heard "This is a dangerous situation, nobody should be out right now blah blah blah..." and they are standing in the blowing wind and rain!

Exactly , they are going for the "best or most exciting picture" not necessarily the most accurate one

DB

So so so true. I have had some near misses with hurricanes nothing horrrible horrible, just a bit scary. But i have friends and family calling me from out of state as though we were on deaths door. Why? Bcuz of the news

Yep. Same here. I should be getting a phone call shortly from some relative up north who suddenly realizes that their neice/cousin/sister/ Jenny is in some horrible danger and they are offering refuge. Kind thoughts, yes....but uh, a little late? Awhhh well.
Then there are the email pics of the hurricane as it is coming ashore. Those that have lived through one, know they do not look like a big tornado.However, it doesn't stop the email rumor/spam mill. Hmmmm.. a thought here. Do you think that because of the relentless satellite pics of the hurricane spinning and churning along that the next logical thought would be that a hurricane is like a big tornado? Hmm. Yes, we who have lived through these monsters know different, however those that are enlightened only via TV have a skewed view? Gee, could this possibly be true for other world events?

lhpdiver:
Well then in the spirit of "fairness" shouldn't every other news session come from a Lowe's ?
That would be because broadcasting is not about fairness.

I was going to get some plywood from Home Depot, but LeisurePro had it a lot cheaper even with shipping. I'm just worried that there's no warranty on it.

Tom Winters:
I was going to get some plywood from Home Depot, but LeisurePro had it a lot cheaper even with shipping. I'm just worried that there's no warranty on it.

That's only on the plywood that comes with instructions in Japanese... The other plywood is covered by Georgia Pacific.

Back
Top Bottom