Why Home Depot ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lhpdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Why is it that everytime a hurricane threatens South Florida the news people are always reporting from Home Depot ? I've never seen them reporting from Lowe's or Ace. Aren't there just as many Lowe's outlets as Home Depot ?

I don't know... But I've needed to go to Home Depot for 3 days now to get some non-hurricane related items, and I've just resigned myself to the fact that I'll probably just have to wait until tuesday or wednesday...

Where I live there are 5 Home Depots within a 6 mile radius. There is 1 Lowe's. Additionally, there are at least 12 Publix's (the next most often scene that reports come from), while only a few Winn Dixie's and Albertsons.

Hmm...just a guess but Home Depot does a lot of donations. and in my tiny opinion I'm glad they get the free advertising; moreover, Lowe's is always out of things and I think only two people work there!

-Tracy

Home Depot has ~1900 stores.
Lowe's has ~1200.

Home Depot also "invented" the big-box hardware store and has been around longer.. it's a little more of a generic name than Lowe's as well.

jonnythan:
Home Depot has ~1900 stores.
Lowe's has ~1200.

Home Depot also "invented" the big-box hardware store and has been around longer.. it's a little more of a generic name than Lowe's as well.

Well then in the spirit of "fairness" shouldn't every other news session come from a Lowe's ?

Maybe there's some payola going on.

lhpdiver:
Well then in the spirit of "fairness" shouldn't every other news session come from a Lowe's ?
I don't think they care much about fairness.

Home Depot is more identifiable than Lowe's and has better brand awareness. Most people think Home Depot before Lowe's when it comes to big box home improvement stores. *shrug*

howarde:
Maybe there's some payola going on.

That thought had crossed my mind. There's alot of underlying conditioning going on there... Home Depot - we help save you from hurricanes :)

Maybe it's something stupid like "home depot" 3 - syllables.

"Lowes" (and then they would have to say) "home improvement center" - 7 syllables.

It's a mouthful. Similarly anchor people are named "bob" instead of calling themselves "robert"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom