Why haven't you posted a pic in your profile?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:D I was talking with my wife about how we could send pictures via email to her family in the UK from Australia (and finally send a picture of me to Scubaboard!). Unfortunately, we don't have a digital camera so we decided we would buy two small webcams - one for us and one for her sister (a Christmas present) so photos/videos could be sent.
So today I purchased a Logitech Quickcam Express and raced home to set it up.
:wink: Loaded the CD, waiting, waiting...."Please insert your Windows 98 Edition 2 CD." Oh, oh!! We purchased our computer second hand with no programmes loaded - I borrowed various programmes on CDs from friends where we used to live (Vanuatu). Went back to work to ask around - one bloke tried to burn a CD copy to no avail. Hopefully, tomorrow will bring some luck and with my very modest computer knowledge :boom: things may start to happen!!!

Regards,

vmf

:) After six hours, my webcam is up and running!
I apologise for the quality, but I'll work on it!

Regards,

vmf :p

VMF,
Your picture was worth the wait. When I pulled up your profile I noticed one more thing. You and I share the same birthday! You're one year older then I am.
:sunny:

If we all started getting our pictures taken with heels and our wetsuits I think someone might start monitoring us for symptoms of surface nitrogen narcosis!

Believe me, you do get some looks if there are other divers around!

Ber :bunny:

Them thar web cammies shore are difficult... but, how long till you "plugged it in"...

NOTICE NOTICE... the preceding was merely a joke... NOTICE NOTICE

As a network consultant, I -KNOW- how hard some of the supposedly simple crap can be! Change an IRQ here, disable another device's interrupt over there, cross your fingers and perform the "smoke test"...

Pete!
Where's your PIC? Some "net doc " you are. :wink:

Yes, NetDoc I did plug it in.....when the instructions told me!!!
Maybe you can help me? :)
Is it possible to have a "live" video conference if my relatives have a webcam also? In other words, can we watch and talk to each other over an email or some other connection?
If we can, I would really appreciate some websites / downloadable software that can explain it all to me?
:( I am sorry if other members might find this in the wrong topic, but another few hours of websearching has tried my patience!!!

Regards,

vmf ;-0

E-Mail me with what your system is, operating platform, memory, connection speed to the internet, type of webcam, and do it for both PCs. My E-Mail is in my sig line below. I would be happy to help... (but I am leaving for Tampa in a few scant hours)

Back
Top Bottom