Why haven't you posted a pic in your profile?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100days-a-year

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I suppose the anonymity of the web is one reason, but I'd like to know. I visit regularly and consider this my on-line family. I look to see who's on and usually there is the Sorry, No Photo on the profile. The folks who've got them on just seem closer. I can reason out why the regulators and owners may want some protection, but after seeing the ones I have I don't think I'd recognise someone in a line-up...

My reason is simple....no scanner.

Chad

After Monsters Inc has been out a while... then no one will be quite so scared! Actually, I will probably post mine after I get my C4040 Olympus.

:tease:

You don't need a scanner yourself. Use someone elses and e-mail it to yourself. Or do what I did for the time being and use the goofy little camera with the computer, if it has one. Most people know someone with a digital camera, have them take a pic and download it on a floppy, take it home and post it.

It is really pretty easy to get a pic on here. I did it and I am about as computer "challenged" as they come!

Later, Hawk.

If anyone wants to have their picture scanned, I woud be glad to do it free of charge. All you need to do is send me a picture. I will then scan it and email it to you.

Also if you have dive pics that you want posted but again no scanner let me know and if I got time I will scan them and post them on my site for free.

Hope this helps you all out some!

The only excuse I have is I could never come up with a pic that is as sexy as scubababy's.

(Luv ya hon):wink:

But I'll post one anyway.

Tom

Originally posted by Tom Vyles
The only excuse I have is I could never come up with a pic that is as sexy as scubababy's.

(Luv ya hon):wink:

But I'll post one anyway.

Tom

I have never known someone to say a baby is Sexy, should we be worried Tom? And now that I have seen your mug might I suggest you were right, scubababy is a heck of a lot better looking hehehehhe

I'm going to post my pic in my profile as soon as I get an updated picture.. My last picture I took of myself was in Grade 10.. LOL

N1Hawk..

Originally posted by 100days-a-year
I suppose the anonymity of the web is one reason, but I'd like to know. I visit regularly and consider this my on-line family. I look to see who's on and usually there is the Sorry, No Photo on the profile. The folks who've got them on just seem closer. I can reason out why the regulators and owners may want some protection, but after seeing the ones I have I don't think I'd recognise someone in a line-up...

Can someone in the know start a new thread (not me!) titled:

How to submit a picture in your profile

With a step by step process so it isn't quite so daunting? I will have to dedicate some time to this process and quite frankly, I haven't had any to spare.

I think that the "directions" will take much of the fear and frustration factor from this task.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom