Why every diver should take a regulator course!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand them just fine. They are anything but simple. The parts cost more too.

Agreed, Poseidon regs are the answer to a question nobody was asking. Kinda like the rotary engine, there's a reason no other manufacturer on Earth pursued rotary engines, and even Mazda abandoned them back about 2012 when the RX-8 finally ceased production.

Poseidon is VERY 'Rube Goldberg'! Most reg shops don't have the 1st clue how to service them or set them up to operate properly.

Last edited:
Poseidon is VERY 'Rube Goldberg'!
That's the perfect description. Thanks!

Agreed, Poseidon regs are the answer to a question nobody was asking. Kinda like the rotary engine, there's a reason no other manufacturer on Earth pursued rotary engines, and even Mazda abandoned them back about 2012 when the RX-8 finally ceased production.

Poseidon is VERY 'Rube Goldberg'! Most reg shops don't have the 1st clue how to service them or set them up to operate properly.

how is it rube goldberg? The first stages are the most simple design out there, and the second stages are actually less complicated with LESS moving parts than anything else. Shops inability to rebuild or operate is irrelevant, but the design is in fact incredibly simple

I’m not a tinkerer. I’ll pay someone to service my gear.

how is it rube goldberg? The first stages are the most simple design out there, and the second stages are actually less complicated with LESS moving parts than anything else. Shops inability to rebuild or operate is irrelevant, but the design is in fact incredibly simple

The 2nd stages are weird (but cool looking). When I'm doing a $$$ spendy, very remote, live aboard trip it's gonna be the Apeks....Atomic...Aqualung, or Scubapro reg set that's going in my dive bag though, 'conventional' technology, no Swedish weirdness.

Last edited:
The 2nd stages are weird (but cool looking). When I'm doing a $$$ spendy, very remote, live aboard trip it's gonna be the Apeks....Atomic...Aqualung, or Scubapro reg set that's going in my dive bag though, 'conventional' technology, no Swedish weirdness.

Cyklon is a normal downstream design fwiw. The other two are "weird", but the cyklon is the same valve design as many current Aqualung and Scubapro second stages *any of the unbalanced ones*

Poseidon reg servicing is not rocket science! The Xstream Mk III has less parts than the old Sherwood Blizzard and I find it easier to service and set up than a Blizzard. The "myth" continues...

The "myth" continues...
What myth? I used to own Poseidons and have rebulit them. At one point we had a serious issue with getting parts... hey, just like a Saab. :D We all like different things, and I got rid of them because I didn't like them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom