Why every diver should take a regulator course!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What myth? I used to own Poseidons and have rebuilt them. At one point we had a serious issue with getting parts... hey, just like a Saab. :D We all like different things, and I got rid of them because I didn't like them.
The "myth" that I was referring to was that the Poseidon regs are overly complicated and difficult to service... They are not. I never questioned whether or not you could service them, or suggested that everyone should dive with them. Use whatever reg you feel comfortable with for the diving that you do. I use Poseidon regs because they work best for me in the environment that I dive in.
The parts problem was caused by a lawsuit between the US distributor and HQ in Sweden, who refused to sell him inventory while the suit was in place. It may have been exacerbated when I bought Joe S. parts inventory so I could keep my regs and my customers regs in shape:)

Thanks for all the great responses and additional information...really useful.

I got the tools and books that @The Chairman recommended in the course. I'm ready for some practice on my own. Think I'll start with a regulator I'm not using much...

I'm interested to read up on using the magnehelic in the books and form my own opinions with a bit more practice.
Look forward to spending another afternoon with @The Chairman next trip to FL and continue learning the subtleties. That gives me another idea...maybe my local regulator tech would let me spend an afternoon shadowing him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom