Why dry gloves are in blue color?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Based on a tip from some Seattle tech divers, these Ansell AlphaTec 87-118 gloves seem to work on the Santi SmartGloves system, and you can invert them to get a white glove showing on the outside. This is very handy for communicating underwater in dark environments, and maybe attracting curious octopus tentacles.

I am not sure what your point is. I doubt Santi make the gloves you linked to. I would bet my money that they purchase them direct from a manufacturer like SHOWA and specify that they want them unbranded or pay to have the Santi name printed on them. Here are some similar gloves made by SHOWA:
1727068432888.png

1727068461065.png

-Z

I am not sure what your point is. I doubt Santi make the gloves you linked to. I would bet my money that they purchase them direct from a manufacturer like SHOWA and specify that they want them unbranded or pay to have the Santi name printed on them. Here are some similar gloves made by SHOWA:
View attachment 862501
View attachment 862502

-Z
Santi gloves have no liner. I think they are made in a factory in Romania but I haven’t been able to get the exact model. There is no branding on the glove.

I would love to find which factory makes it because Santi are taking the **** with £20 for a pair of gloves.

Santi’s (and Kubi’s) thinner gloves are just AlphaTec 87-118

Back
Top Bottom