why do people do this ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some Sgt:
``It's unknown why he ran out of air,'' Lenahan said

184 on a single? Why oh why could he run out of air, could it be PHYSICS?!?!

Even though the facts on what actually happened in this incident aren't very clear, it would seem to me that this is a pretty good reply to the thread posted last week asking why not dive solo? :06: Just a little "fish food" for thought.
Stay safe! Happy Diving!

I'm nominating Zeeman for the Mensa Society . . .

the K

Sad Bob, very sad. I've been reading the DAN accident report, and now these. I see a pretty common trend in many of the reports, but I'm not going to say it here as to not pull this thread off topic.

I really can't understand deep air, or bounce dives. Ecspecially on single cylinders. I had an SBer PM me the other day to do a deep bounce dive with him. Of course it was going to be on air, and he only dives single cylinders. I don't even know the diver that well, only had a few dives with him. I declined and told him why, I think he doesn't like me anymore. I explained that bounce dives were bad. I also stated that diving deep on air was bad. I also explained our inexperience together was bad. I also explained that him not having redundant gas supply and only being on a single cylinder was bad. What more can you do, I hope he reads this thread. I hope some people smarten up. It really pains me to see people dieing/getting hurt over things that seem so easily avoidable.

Matt

NWGratefulDiver:
Oh ... well, since he surfaced without assistance, and was unconsious, it would be logical that he was attempting to surface when he ran out of air and continued surfacing due to expansion ... otherwise, he'd still be down there.

The question was rather rhetorical, since I'm sure people do stuff like this for different reasons ... bragging rights, ignorance, or simply because "lots of people do it and don't die".

Sometimes Darwin finds them down there ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I think you right about the bragging rights. I was in Nassau in April and a member of our group got back to the boat saying he went to 154'. A true darwin canidate. BTW his dive buddy stayed at 120' and let the guy go. smart man.

Corigan:
I really can't understand deep air, or bounce dives.
Matt

Silly questions???? What is a bounce dive? I understand the discussion on solo/single tank deep dives, but you lose me on bounce dives!

Back
Top Bottom