Why are you called.....The Great Screen Name Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aeolus is the Greek god of the wind, so I used it for the name of my sailboat and it sounds cool. :lightingz

Nickname for my real name, Davida which most people can't pronounce or spell correctly. Plus it's short and easy to type when logging in to any site. :wink:

One of my former log in names on another message board and in Usenet was Tao Of Me, which makes reference to my religious beliefs (Deist and a distrust of organized religion), as well as personal philosophy, since loosely translated, it means "Way of Me." When I started posting here, it seemed more fitting to refer to the "way of the dive" rather than doing things my way.

A mythological reference to the deity Maus who was the Goddess of Small Things especially really good cheeses and little scratching noises in the night, along with a reference to the many ceremonial icons, devotional statues and artificial artifacts her ancient worshippers fashioned out of copper and left for archeologists to puzzle over many centuries later.

brilliant!

:god:

Mine is a no brainer.

February 22, 2003, Massive barracuda attack to face and head during night dive. Documented with DAN and PAdI.

Very rare, I'm the 20th documented barracuda attack on human since 1873. Go figure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom