Info Why are tables not taught in OW classes anymore?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the AI image generation sites gave me this for "donkey using a slide rule"

View attachment 770172
Actual footage of what I would look like trying to figure out tables for a multi level dive while underwater... so spot on!

One of the AI image generation sites gave me this for "donkey using a slide rule"

View attachment 770172
Here is one of the team members heading out for ”wet field work”
6113D9AB-0280-40A3-8304-3CC016A56B8A.jpeg

I've done a lot of tropical dives where you get close to NDL at approx 30m/100', then work your way up to the top of the reefs at around 10m/33' and hang out there for 10-15 minutes before ascending for a safety stop.

That kind of profile is creates less decompression stress on the body than if you had ascended straight to the safety stop from the deepest part of your dive.
Maybe in some situations, but it would NOT be beneficial if you are planning a repetitive dive.

Generally when I get close to the NDL (or go past it) I make my way up pretty quickly for the first 30 feet, chill around 50-40 for a minute or so and then make my way (from there) to around 25 within a minute or so, Then work my way up to 15 or 20 slowly.

I really don't play the game of riding the computer, but my local diving does not make that practical very often.

I've talked to certified divers who don't know that 33 feet is two atmospheres, 66 three,
I’m certified and know it’s about 10m and 20m.

Would the size of your kings foot change things?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom