Why are Mods anonymous and wont answer questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a cooking thread in the Pub.
Don't tell them about the Pub. We don't to hear whining in there too! :D :D :D

Why not just show the deleted post here, and highlight/bold what part resulted into its deletion?

It will probably take 1 min to do, and we will all be able to see that @berndo started screaming for nothing about a post that was deleted with reason.

Why not just show the deleted post here, and highlight/bold what part resulted into its deletion?

It will probably take 1 min to do, and we will all be able to see that @berndo started screaming for nothing about a post that was deleted with reason.
The deleted posts are still in the thread.

The reason for deletion is attached where the post used to be, but quite frankly, when mass deleting, the most obvious reason will be something terse like "Deleted-Off Topic" or "Deleted - Argumentative".

I don't even know the thread in question.

.... which wasn't even remotely relevant to the topic discussed.
Asking someone if they ever used a rebreather IMO is a fair question when the thread is about rebreathers. Following somebody around into other asking for where I live or about dive history, is a different story.

BTW: I have said about 20 times that I'm in Germany, that I have been diving since the 90, worked as a instructor full time, what ccr I have etc. These repeated accusations of me not ever answering any questions are complete BS. They probably read it, they just wanna be annoying. I ignore them for the most part. What pisses me off is the double standard.

The only reason I started the thread was because I wanted to know why a pretty long and not-any-rule-breaking post was deleted and me getting booted from the thread. Instead of a normal answer I get preached to by the holier than thou crowd.

Do you think they're here because we talk about skiing? Maybe they're here for the cooking tips? It couldn't be Scuba. That'd be way too coincidental. BTW, I don't know what a Scuba CV is.
I'm pretty sure you're really not that dense and just trying to wind me up. At the same time... I reckon most of you are older Merican that actually like fox news. Last time I mentioned it, I also got thread banned, straight away... which was odd. Did I hit a sore spot?
Can I get back into your and Wookie and the mod crews good graces if I act like I think Trump is a genius business man who's got the best words? I know that could soften up wookie some if I'll **** talk all these lazy millinals some. How about that, huh? Sound good?

Asking someone if they ever used a rebreather IMO is a fair question when the thread is about rebreathers.
That was not the case, the discussion was about how to mitigate risk and how it's done in high-risk industries. Even non divers would be able to deliver meaningful insights in that discussion, but when choosing to not disclose our personal diving experience, you wrote me and others off as clueless beginners just so you could happily disregard what we said.

I'll give you a piece of advice, even though I know you don't want it and won't follow it. You come across as extremely combative when you disagree with someone in a conversation. You'll never get a meaningful back and forth discussion with someone if you look at them like the enemy and make them perceive you as the enemy. It's ok to disagree with people. Even if you feel like you can back up your opinion with all the facts and proof in the world, some people just have such fundamentally different values than you that they don't see things the way you do. Please try to remember that.

I'm pretty sure you're really not that dense and just trying to wind me up. At the same time... I reckon most of you are older Merican that actually like fox news.
Case in point. Do you expect someone to be open to anything you're saying after you say something like this to them, or are you just going to keep punching each other until you both get sick of it and fall asleep?

One last thing I want to comment on is how you've repeatedly stated that there's nothing to be learned in an accident discussion, because the diver broke the rules and if the standards are followed then people should not get in trouble in this way.
I read through a thread from 2016 yesterday, and it might as well have happened today. On one side there was kensuf and others being angry about the accident being discussed (so early), and on the other side was The Chairman/NetDoc explaining why he thinks there's value in it. The exact same thing happens over and over in so many of these threads, it hasn't changed at all in seven years, possibly longer.
However, in that seven years old thread, it turned out that several IART instructors were doing blackout drills with students on CCR without allowing them to monitor their HUD - which in that one case led to a student fatality. The discussion actually led to multiple eye openers for a lot of people and turned out to be quite valuable. Keep in mind that each accident discussion is just one small piece in the massive body of work we all need to learn from in order to make diving safer. And that does have value.

I wasn't talking about you. I've hardly ever seen you post in any thread other than here and in the accident thread.

BS. When people keep asking me to essentially give them my scuba CV over and over again and not even remotely talk on topic, they are not there because they have the same interest.

Why do I have to say where live when the thread is about how much weight an OW student needs?
Hi @berndo

You could fill out your profile under account details at whatever level of detail you choose. People could then learn something about your diving background and experience without having to ask you repeatedly

I'm pretty sure you're really not that dense and just trying to wind me up. At the same time... I reckon most of you are older Merican that actually like fox news. Last time I mentioned it, I also got thread banned, straight away... which was odd. Did I hit a sore spot?
Can I get back into your and Wookie and the mod crews good graces if I act like I think Trump is a genius business man who's got the best words? I know that could soften up wookie some if I'll **** talk all these lazy millinals some. How about that, huh? Sound good?
Hahahahaha.

I don't think you'll find anyone in the USA more liberal than Pete and I.

As I said before, the way you find yourself in the good graces of the Mod Squad is to not raise your head. Don't get reported. Don't take it personally. Asking someone if they have ever used a rebreather is like asking if they have stopped beating their wife yet. It's a red flag to a bull, and meant specifically to raise blood pressure. And the results are predictable. I'm not going to name names, but we have a lot of people here who once had the same response you do, with predictable results.

It's like calling the moderators Trumpers. First off, it has no business outside of the Pub. Second, as I said, Pete and I are commie pinkos. Referring to us as MAGAs is just trolling, which is against the ToS. It can get you a vacation. Third, neither Pete or I are Moderators. Pete had to go in and give himself mod rights so he could read the deleted posts. I am staff, but not a moderator. I advise Pete and keep my scuba trailer at his house in cave country. And we've been friends for years. Getting yourself noticed by either of the 2 of us is not good. He is far easier going than I am.

So chill. Put those you feel are persecuting you on ignore, and keep ignoring them. Don't troll in the forums. Posting content just to get a reaction is against the ToS, for exactly this reason. and if you think someone is stalking or trolling you, hit that report key. I promise, if you hit the report key, it's bound to get noticed.

. I reckon most of you are older Merican that actually like fox news.
I'm old, but I was born in Barranquilla Colombia (South America) and simply hate Faux News. My mother and oldest sister were born in China to boot. I already enjoy dual citizenship and am eligible for a third. I've been told by a few that I hate Trump, though I prefer not to hate anyone. I doubt that I'll fit in many, if any, of your pigeon holes.

I don't think you'll find anyone in the USA more liberal than Pete and I.
I would agree with this statement. Alas, my cover is blown. :D

So chill.
Indeed. No one is out to get you, not even the mods. They moderate not only to rid the forums of unneeded rancor, but to prevent the same.

Except for Chilly. She's out to get everyone. J/K, but she's pretty leftist and from Canuckistan at that. She's hardly your idea of a "Merican". She's riding herd on that thread so keep it tight.

This one l13 has been following me through threads not posting on topic and just harassing me and that the mods are apparently are fine with.
L13 is one of the more articulate and insightful posters on the board. They call out BS when they see it regardless of the posters dive count or reputation, and more importantly they accept correction when they are shown to be wrong.

on the other hand...........you probably have posted the most disagree emojis ever and seem to take people commets out of context and create an argument about it. if you feel stalked its probably because you've painted a bullseye on you back

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom