Why are BP/W users more common on this board than at the beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeanQ:
Water wings could kill you. They promote an arms up position which severly restricts mobility. Not to mention any observers will think you're in distress.

Damn, I guess we are going to have to shelve this idea and go back to the drawing board...

yhst-95557112773151_1831_333223755

Good thing I have you guys to keep us straight, or we could lose serious market share!!!

:wink:

I don't know. If you had some of them made up in a nice, sturdy 1050 denier ballistic nylon, I might want to try it out. Hell, what have I got to lose? I'm already packing a snorkel, so I'm practically dead already from breathing all that exhaust. But I'd prefer basic black; I don't want to embarrass myself.

Charlie99:
I tried 'em, but had a problem with trim until I added another pair around my knees.

I HATE cleaning coke off my display...

Stirling:
I don't know. If you had some of them made up in a nice, sturdy 1050 denier ballistic nylon, I might want to try it out. Hell, what have I got to lose? I'm already packing a snorkel, so I'm practically dead already from breathing all that exhaust. But I'd prefer basic black; I don't want to embarrass myself.

At least, if they floated you on your face, you could whip out the snorkel and breathe!!

Maybe we will revist this issue in time for DEMA 2005!!!

:eyebrow:

ScottZeagle:
At least, if they floated you on your face, you could whip out the snorkel and breathe!!

Maybe we will revist this issue in time for DEMA 2005!!!

:eyebrow:
Scott are you going to have to run two LP hoses off a reg or just one with a T in it?
Right post or left for doubles?
I can see this only the first prototype. :wink:

Back on the issue of whether or not a BI or BP/W will float you face down on the surface, seems to me that if you were wearing steel doubles you might float perpendicular, but with an AL80 I assume the difference in weight distribution would have a significant effect on attitude. Perhaps you could achieve equilibrium by mounting your weights on the back of the AL80?

Tim

Personally I think that the issue of face down is over hyped. I suppose it might come into play if you were unconscious - but I never have this problem using a BI Transpac/single tank.

Because we are more informed, more passionate for the sport, and on the cutting edge. And cuz we're cool.

Kim:
Personally I think that the issue of face down is over hyped. I suppose it might come into play if you were unconscious - but I never have this problem using a BI Transpac/single tank.

I believe that there have been studies and testing done on the "unconscious diver" theory, but I don't recall there being a huge difference (face up vs. face down) between jacket and back inflation BCs. I will see if I can find more info about that study when I get in to work tomorrow...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom