Why a snorkel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for the help. One more question, do you think I should get a backplate/wing or a jacket BC to go with my snorkel purchased at Leisure pro?

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

My stances is dive what you feel most comfortable with. If you perfer a bp/w then get that, if you perfer jacket get a jacket.

Me I perfer jackets:crafty: diplomatic enough?

it is most likely cheaper at LP and a larger selection to chose from.
Careful!! It is well known that LP is not an "authorized dealer" for many items, and if you buy one of these items from them, it will not come with the factory warranty! Better get your snorkel from an LDS.

Careful!! It is well known that LP is not an "authorized dealer" for many items, and if you buy one of these items from them, it will not come with the factory warranty! Better get your snorkel from an LDS.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

boy trying hard to hijack this thread i see. And starting another LP vs LDS fist fight again, :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

My stances is dive what you feel most comfortable with. If you perfer a bp/w then get that, if you perfer jacket get a jacket.

Me I perfer jackets:crafty: diplomatic enough?

Okay, great, thanks. Now that I'm geared up, I need to decide whether to get certified by PADI or another organization. Do have any opinions?

Oh yeah, one last thing. When I'm on the surface, I like to take my mask off but I don't want to lose it. Can I just put it up on my forehead?

Okay, great, thanks. Now that I'm geared up, I need to decide whether to get certified by PADI or another organization. Do have any opinions?

Oh yeah, one last thing. When I'm on the surface, I like to take my mask off but I don't want to lose it. Can I just put it up on my forehead?

If I did not know better, I would think you are trying to start something with on this thread.

Not a bad question at all...

A snorkel is useful on the surface if you are going to be there a while... either swimming to/from a site from shore, waiting to re-board a boat, or for any reason you are on the surface for a while.

Many adv/tech divers actually remove their snorkel, especially if diving in an environment where its not needs - like a cavern dive. You may take one in a pocket if need for an extended surface interval.

One of the things you learn with more and more dives is properly planning and executing dives, which includes only taking the equipment you need - and insuring you have everything you do need. Many dives don't require a snorkel, so you don't take it.

Another line of thought is with planning you should never run out of air... running out of air is a sign of poor planning. SO your point is perfect... if you have 1/3rd or so of you air remaining at the need of your dive, you should have plenty to breath without a snorkel.. and your reg doesn't flood like a snorkel can.

Enjoy diving!

It takes real skill to get LDS vs LP, MOF and snorkel all in the same thread!

As to MOF, if it worked for Mike Nelson, it works for me! But he never used a snorkel...

Richard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom