Whose got the real scoop on Norcal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drewdude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Got certified last year in Palau (expensive but well worth it), moved to Humboldt county after that, getting mixed comments on the diving up here. Any good spots for a beginner in Humboldt/Del Norte counties? Any comments on quality cold water gear (especially for a 6-05' bubba sizes)?

thx

Hello drewdude, welcome to SB!

Click here to find the California Kelp Divers forum.

Check the Scuba Equipment forum here.

ScubaBoard has the scoop on everything related to diving! Nice to have you join us.

Welcome to Scubaboard. Good to have you with us. Enjoy.

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

smilies-41093.png

Oh, I'm sure. I've dived Seattle. Check your Nor Cal forum...

It does help with discussions if you complete your Profile. And it's even more fun when you load an Avatar (personal pic for each post) and a Profile pic. See UserCP above to access these if you'd like to...? :wink:

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: - click here for Search help, and be careful about posting Threads & Replies before reading the Sticky threads at the tops of most forums. PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

I have been all over the No Cal coast. how far are you willing to travel? Monterey is a good jumping off point for you. Start at Breakwater as it is easy and there is always a lot of new and experienced divers to help you. Several local dive shops that you can get a boat (if you wish) so you don't have to kick out 3 miles through kelp and turf. Many of the hotels will give you a divers rate that is usually half the normal fair. I am a cheap ******* and always stay at the Travel lodge which is around $70 a night.

Salt Point is beautiful, but cold. South of there is Half moon bay which will also give some nice after dive trips like Hearst Castle (Way cool place to see) and there are literally hundreds of points between there and my two favorites, the Channel Islands (http://www.truthaquatics.com/aboutus.htm) and Catalina.

Let me know if you need a dive partner, I'd be happy to drive over the mountains and get wet with you. I have not been in the water in almost a year and am itchin to jump in again.

John

YellowF4:
Let me know if you need a dive partner, I'd be happy to drive over the mountains...
Ya gotta love it when nothing gets in the way of a great dive! :D

Welcome to the sb. I dove this week with a couple from San Francisco ... they said they LOVE diving in the Monterrey area...

Monterey is a good haul from where I live (6-7 hour drive). I'm sure I'll eventually get there, but summer is almost here and I'm wanting to get some down time. One of my problems is that I was in the Coast Guard up here in the '90's and alot of the places that are recommended for diving around here are places that I've pulled folks out of the water (jetty system, Trinidad harbor, etc.). I guess I just need to get over it and jump in.

Back
Top Bottom