Who's the oldest diver on the board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not, but the question made me think of something. I'll always remember a woman named Betty from my first liveaboard years ago who I believe was in her 60s. She's the only person who didn't skip a single dive and she was probably the strongest, most experienced diver among us. First one in, last one out, barely breathed her tank, careful and fearless at the same time. She was something.

There was a diver on a liveaboard I was on last year celebrating his 80th birthday.

I have a tudent I taught when he was 60, he still is diving ~50 dives a year and he is 71 now.

There is a man that dives with my local dive shop that is 81 years old. Just hope I can do the same in years to come. I'm 54 now.

Ok, this might not qualify as diving but my grandpa was 91 when I last visited him. He lived by the beach, woke up every morning at 5AM , ran 1 mile and then swim in the ocean for about 30 minutes. Then ran the 1mile back home.EVERY MORNING!!!.

He passed away at 99. Had 3 girlfriend when he went :), grandma passed away early.

Now that's HOW I want to go !!! LOL.

Miami_Diver:
:D think about it! there's no better place to check out of this world. a heart attack at 90yrs 130ft below. youre last sight would be a beatifull coral encrusted wreck!

thats the way Id love to go.

I always thought that the best way to go was being shot by the jealous husband of a 20-something hottie at the age of 98.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom