Who's Taking DIR-F at Dutch Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

laughintom

Contributor
Reaction score
I will be there this weekend and was wondering who else is going. I am pretty sure Derek is in the class. Anyone else?

I am trying to see if I can show up.

I hope you can make it. If you need a hotel in the area, the Microtel is ten minutes away and is something like $60 per night. The hotel where Bob is staying is $130 per night. I figured I'd rather drive 10 minutes. Let me know if you are coming and if you need the contact info for the hotel.
Tom

I would camp at Dutch if i was to stay...since I wouldn't stay for the late night kibbutzing sessions.

laughintom:
I hope you can make it. If you need a hotel in the area, the Microtel is ten minutes away and is something like $60 per night. The hotel where Bob is staying is $130 per night. I figured I'd rather drive 10 minutes. Let me know if you are coming and if you need the contact info for the hotel.
Tom

I'm hoping to be there as well. I should know 100% by tomorrow or Wednesday evening. Bob will be home tomorrow, I'll contact him and see what's up. Even if I'm not taking the class, I'd at least like to be there to dive.

laughintom:
Let me know if you are coming and if you need the contact info for the hotel.

I'll be there and would appreciate the hotel info. I haven't decided where I'll be staying yet.

Thanks for the tip Berty. I have changed my reservation to the following:
Comfort Inn
US 22 and Rt. 191 , Bethlehem, PA, US, 18020
Phone: (610) 865-6300 Fax: (610) 865-5074

When you ask for the diver's discount, it is $69 per night.

A little bit cheaper is
The Microtel
1880 Steelstone Rd
Allentown, PA

About $60 a night but ten miles away.

I will be arriving Thursday (around 8pm) so if anyone wants to grab a bite ask the desk to ring Thomas Collins.

If you stay at the Comfort Inn, Don't eat at the Perkins!!

We've had terrible service there, and divers that were with us last year and didn't take our warning got very sick.

I'll be there for the class. I am staying at the comfort inn as well ($67 AAA rate). I plan on arriving Thursday evening, but don't know what time. I will have to watch Survivor, so I should be there before 8:00 :) If we don't get to grab some dinner on Thursday, look me up for Friday morning breakfast. I think we're supposed to be at the site by 9:00

As for camping, I was going to do that, but the gates close at like 5:00, and there is lecture and stuff until later than that and they kick Bob out early in the evening. Something to that effect. Either way, you may want to check with Bob first before doing that.

Chris Malinowski

I'm not there for the class:) Just for fun and diving and maybe finishing my DIR cert.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom