Who's going to the SubGravity/Hammerhead Demo day at Blue Grotto?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wife and I just signed up!! :D:D

We are excited! I have been wanting to demo the SubGravity H3 computer for quite some time now. And who doesn't want to try an awesome rebreather and DPV...I know we both do! See you guys there!

can't justify to staying in FL one extra week just to try the Bonex

But there's lots of diving here in the Sunshine state and none of that nasty white stuff. :D

Anybody else going? What mil suit is recommended for the blue grotto? I usually dive warmer waters (not that this is cold) and wear my Mako 2mil reversible suit. My wife usually wears her Waterproof 3.5mil. Wonder if we need to step it up to a 5mil or worry about hoods etc since it will be mid November??

Anybody else going? What mil suit is recommended for the blue grotto? I usually dive warmer waters (not that this is cold) and wear my Mako 2mil reversible suit. My wife usually wears her Waterproof 3.5mil. Wonder if we need to step it up to a 5mil or worry about hoods etc since it will be mid November??

Water temperature is 72 degrees. I would probably opt for a 7 mil suit if I was going to wear a wetsuit. I'll have on a drysuit, mostly because that is what I always wear when diving spring water in Florida.

---------- Post added October 31st, 2015 at 02:38 PM ----------

We have a few more spots left, but they are going fast. Don't forget, you'll get a chance to try out an awesome rebreather as well as the new SubGravity DPVs engineered by Bonex as well as test out the H3 dive computers. Free lunch and admission to Blue Grotto included. Quite a deal really! :)

JUST BAGGED THE LAST TWO SPOTS!

This looks really interesting. Don't know if the wife will try the rebreather, but she will be in for the dpv and computer, for sure.

Netdoc, looking forward to meeting you in person!

THRASH, we do manatee diving regularly at crystal river. A 3 mil will keep you going for an hour or two. A five mil with hood is ideal. Once, I wore my 7 mil semi-dry and was toasty warm for three hours in the water and barely moving, even with air temps in the high 40s. It will be a lot warmer than that this weekend (and the water is always 72).

I am 6' 195 lbs decent shape but not ripped and 56 years of age so you have an idea of my body type. I plan on my 5 mil with hood. My wife will probably bring her 3 mil but with a lavacore hooded vest underneath.

Randy, what will be the run time on the rebreather demo? If I am going to be down an hour then I might pack the 7mil semi-dry.

Given the possible depth and shorter dive times, I think this should be enough, for us.

But there's lots of diving here in the Sunshine state and none of that nasty white stuff. :D
I don't know what you're talking about, the sand gets everywhere after lounging around on the beach all day!

Will anyone be taking photos or vid Underwater? Don't want to mess with my cam while going the demi stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randy, what will be the run time on the rebreather demo? If I am going to be down an hour then I might pack the 7mil semi-dry.

Given the possible depth and shorter dive times, I think this should be enough, for us.

I would definitely pack a 7 mil suit or potentially a dry suit. Not quite sure what the run times on the demo will be just yet, but with 72 degree water, you can get a little chilly with anything less than a 7 mil.

---------- Post added November 11th, 2015 at 08:51 PM ----------

Will anyone be taking photos or vid Underwater? Don't want to mess with my cam while going the demi stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SubGravity won't be officially taking any underwater photos, however I heard that Harry Avril was going to be there for at least part of the day taking underwater photos. I'm pretty sure NetDoc will have his video camera doing interviews etc. as well!

Randy, you should bring some SubGravity t-shirts along for us to have the option to purchase....say maybe in red in size large and XL :D

I better add....pink in size medium for the wife. If I buy a shirt she will want one too. We all know how that works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom