Who's diving 4/20?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went out with Dannobee and Dave to the Anchor Farm / Shale Ledges and got to 25' on the anchor line and Dave was coming up and thumbing it. 1-3' vis and just yucky all the way down.

Went to the BW to check out the conditions and at high tide, whatever class it was that was trying to get back in was having 2 land support people per diver, trying to get them back in and avoid getting them bashed into the rocks. According to one of the instructors, viz was about 5-8' in the shallows (30') and got progressively worse after that.

Here are the photos from the BW (had to resize them):

BW_Class_9_.jpg

High Tide:
BW_Class_5_.jpg

There was a lot of "Keep your reg in your mouth" being hollared out:
BW_Class_14_.jpg

BW_Class_13_.jpg

BW_Class_12_.jpg

I hope that anyone who went diving today had a good day. I'll post my 4/19 report a bit later tonight or tomorrow.

Wow Sarah,

I have dove these conditions at BW and last week was just beautiful compared to this week. Nice documentary pics, I will refer to them when someone asks me what are less than perfect conditions to dive at BW.

Those divers should be exiting farther from the breakwall. The typical waves wash a bit across
the beach (this is somewhat apparent in Sarita's second picture). If you exit close to the breakwall
the waves can wash you into the rocks. IMHO, the best place is about 2/3 of the way from the
breakwall to the first rocks visible at low tide.

Lovers Cove wasn't that bad as far as surf is concerned. The surge was a little bad but vis was horrible. First dive id say was 8-10' and the second was 6-8' ish. Water temp was 52F on the first dive and 51F on the second.

I had to go to a birthday party tonight so ill have my reports up in the morning.

Here are the photos from the BW (had to resize them):

pic..pic..pic..etc.

I hope that anyone who went diving today had a good day. I'll post my 4/19 report a bit later tonight or tomorrow.

HA! I was right there on the wall Sarah watching them exit as well. Sunny and I clapped for them when they got everybody out. :yelclap:

Sorry I didn't see you there. :(

Looked good in SC how was the diving DH?????

Adding to what Brandon said, it was a much much MUCH nicer day, all 'round, than Saturday. The only negative (besides the crappy viz) was the chilly breeze, which grew into a biting wind by early afternoon. At least it was sunny. Entry and exit were almost as easy as last weekend. It was quite surgy once we left the sheltered beach, and the debris from Saturday's thrashing made a nice seaweed soup. Not much un-anchored life to see, other than the many dead and dying jellies. We did get buzzed by a curious seal, but he didn't return for a second look. Not exactly consolation for Saturday's canceled Lobos dive, but hey, the weekend wasn't a total loss.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom