Who's diving 4/20?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are were going this morning to Monterey/Carmel for a charity. It looks like we may be chumming for fish. For when the seas get over 8 feet I tend to lose it. The wind is pretty bad 20-25 knots. Seas 10-15 feet. The vis was 30' in Carmel on Thursday, today I suspect less than 10'. We may get wet and freedive for a fish or two, but I think I am mainly going to be a shore spectator watching the other divers and stay for the charity auction. Maybe surf or try out my boogie board if I get bored. NDBC - Station 46042

Preferably by 1:00. Does that work for you?

We could make that work. Conditions should be better than today. We scrubbed a dive at Whaler's Cove this morning, and when I swung by the breakwater, there were only about 10 peeps in the water. It was nasty there too. I suggest we try Lover's Cove, as it's fairly sheltered. The viz may still be crap though, so don't expect to see too much, or it may not even be worth going in. Meet there at 8 to check it out?

Sounds good to me, 8 should be fine. See you then!

The earth day dive today at Del Monte Beach was not that great. Rough seas for entry/exit, surgy (not as bad as lobos last monday), and like 8' vis.

The earth day dive today at Del Monte Beach was not that great. Rough seas for entry/exit, surgy (not as bad as lobos last monday), and like 8' vis.

Yeah, I agree the conditions of the Earth Day Dive at Del Monte could have been better. But after being land-locked for a month and a half, I was just happy to get back in the water.

Although I did see some pretty cool stuff in the less than ideal vis. Saw a couple of really huge gray crabs that I've not ever seen before, one of 'em was munchin' on a dead ray. Found a sunken boat down there all covered with sunstars and starfish, that was pretty interesting too.

-Katherine

DH...when its bad at Del Monte its usually bad everywhere!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom