Whoa Check out my JetFins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZoCrowe,

Those old fins are awesome. They are one piece of gear I wouldn't mind diving with as vintage.

partridge:
Bought them in January. 140 dives on them. I'm sending the pics to the shop to get a replacement. Wish me luck.
Bought mine in 1970 and they're still in use. Like Curt said, put some springs on them and they're one of the few pieces of equipment I never worry about.

Did yours fail suddenly or was it a gradual opening of the split?

Must have been suddenly because I rub them off with my hands after every diving day to get the salt off. I'm sure I would have noticed if there were a small cut. After one dive day what I saw was whats in the picture.

Just sent the fins off yesterday so i should know something by Monday. I'm sure they just want to see that it's not a slit made by a cutting instrument of some sort. These fins are the pride and joy of ScubaPro so I'm sure they have no reservations about replacement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom