Who wants to move to Hawaii?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
I have also only been here a month, have housemates, am supporting only myself, and share one car, so my situation may not apply.

This is what I am talking about!!! People who want their own place, have kids, need two cars...WOW! Hopefully you can stay single, sell your 7 mil wetsuits and be a success story. Make it so!!!:D

I'd love to move to Hawaii. Unfortunately, my family and employment is here in Illinois...

If anyone wants a cheap way to move to Hawaii all you have to do is commit a felony while you are visiting...HPD will lock you up for free. Don't forget if you jump bail Dog will give you a free flight back, downtown that is.

lol...Dog. I see him about once a month in the grocery store (Foodland Hawaii Kai)

MilitantMedic:
If anyone wants a cheap way to move to Hawaii all you have to do is commit a felony while you are visiting...HPD will lock you up for free. Don't forget if you jump bail Dog will give you a free flight back, downtown that is.

You know, I thought of this...based on the theory a day in the Hawaiian "Big House" is better than a day free elsewhere. But then I heard a lot of Hawaiian inmates were being sent to Arizona to do their time. Ar-Freakin-Zona!!!!!

Talk about thwarting my plan!!!

I am not sure this is still the case, but it is not worth the risk to me....

Need to go to Plan "B"...Hula Dancer.

catherine96821:
lol...Dog. I see him about once a month in the grocery store (Foodland Hawaii Kai)
LOL, I see him at HK 24 Hour Fitness regularly. Never takes his shades off....................

I need to move back to HK.....Ewa sucks. lol

garyfotodiver:
I'd love to move to Hawaii. Unfortunately, my family and employment is here in Illinois...
I'd love to move to Hawaii . . .unfortunately, too much of my Family is over there in Oahu:D !

Randolphscott,

Just wanted to add my 2cents. I've been on Oahu for almost 7 months and on my second job. I chose Oahu because of the 'opportunities' my family could have here. I have two small boys who I want to have many choices and Oahu will let them.

I also wanted opportunties for jobs. There are plenty of jobs here but they all don't pay so great. If you can secure a job before you get here, then you are half way over here. Finding a place to live might not be so hard. Big Island is probably the least expensive and I really enjoyed the diving there more than Oahu. But, then again, I don't have so many dives at either location. Less than 20 each.

I moved from Japan with a large savings and it has pretty much been eaten up with buying a car, paying rent and various bills. I have a credit score of '0' so you can imagine how hard it was for me to get a condo AND buy a car. Living in Japan for such a long time can make the credit world think you're dead.

To summarize, consider your family, your job and have a backup plan. With my new job, I feel like I'm on vacation now everytime I go to work. Good luck.

Chris

I cannot emphasize enough how much having a place where my kids can roam all over, take the bus and be relatively safe has meant to me. I loved SoCal, but the abduction rate and all that was making me nuts. I pretty much let them "go" here...I think that a more unprotected lifestyle is good for kids. And the international climate is valuable also, for their social development.

Also..less emphasis on materialism is a refreshing change. Maybe because people can afford less? maybe that is a good thing..

The poor public schools is a big hurdle. medicine is not exactly cutting edge here, either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom