Who uses TANK BOOTS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Do you use a tank boot on your aluminum tank? If you do, why?

I just had a boot split, and after thinking about it, I’m wondering what’s the pros and cons of using, or not using, a tank boot.

?????? With one, a tank won’t easily roll, but it’s harder to stack tanks.

Just wondering……….

I just had a boot split, and after thinking about it, I’m wondering what’s the pros and cons of using, or not using, a tank boot.

Just wondering……….
Sometimes the boots are required, for example if being used at a pool with tile flooring.

I have them on both of my 50 year old AL tanks. Keeps the bottom from being dinged up and protects surfaces you set them on
Yep….. guess a boot would protect tank coatings. Not important for charter boat‘s uncoated tanks (that don’t have boots).

Just wondering……….
No

I keep them on for testing things out in my pool, storing around the garage, and traveling, but remove them for use on boats. Some boats they won't fit in the tank holders.

I leave them on my round-bottomed single tanks so that they can stand upright. I'm in the habit of knocking the boot off with a deadblow hammer to rinse the salt out after an ocean dive. Flat-bottom tanks don't need it.

For my doubles, I have removed the boots since I can lean them against a wall... but every now and then it'd be nice to be able to stand them up straight, so maybe I'll put the boots back on some day, I dunno.

Yep. On the 80s. Simply to protect the tile floor.

On the smaller, lighter bottles (13, 17, 30, 40) no. Easier to handle. Not found them for the size anyhow.

OMMOHY

Back
Top Bottom