Question Who uses pelvic tilt?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Does anyone consciously use and able to explain pelvic twist while frog & flutter kicking? I’ve recently been experimenting with it and would like to hear if it’s a valuable skill.

Do you have a reference or explanation as to what you're talking about? The majority of my frog kicks take place from the knees down, no pelvic involvement at all.

1665500192960.gif

TMI!

pelvic tilt: I regularly lap swim with fins and I’ve been experimenting with pelvic tilt. After my post yesterday, during my swim, I consciously played around some more with pelvic tilt with my frog kick… and with flutter kick. I’m thinking that I can perceptively change my kick thrust direction by using pelvic twist.

My post objective is to see if this is a common/conscious diving skill that is discussed or a focus of attention by anyone.

How do you do a pelvic tilt when the frog kick movement requires a near symmetric effort from both legs at the same time? I can imagine with a flutter kick it is one leg at a time…

Or did you mean a pelvic thrust? (Secretly praying I never get to see a diver doing this UW on a trip… ) :rolleyes:

It’s my go to kick for most of my warm water, rec diving. I keep my torso flat/horizontal; rotate my hips; and kick horizontally with the top of one fin and the bottom of the other. I get the benefits of a frog kick i.e. I don’t stir the bottom and it’s a kick/glide motion. It also lessens fatigue as I can rotate my hips the other direction, reverse my fins, and use the opposite set of muscles. For me it’s also more powerful than my frog kick. All IMHO, YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom