Who to dive with on Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turtleguy9

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have a friend headed to Maui, but not a scuba board member. He is a newbie diver. Who would you recommend to dive with?
Thanks
Roger

If he's staying in the Lahaina/Kaanapali area, Lahaina Divers does a great job with new divers. If he's down in Kihei/Wailea area, check with B&B, the Maui Diamond, or Dive & Sea.

For shore diving, check with Shaka Doug and/or Maui Dreams. For scooter diving, Maui Scooter Divers are most recommended around here!

I had a great experience with Mike Severn's at Wailea, going to Molokini Crater, Back Wall, and Turtle town. Both my 18 year old daughter and I were newly certified, going on our first boat dives. Very patient, really friendly, and they let you take your time.

I work for Maui Pacific Divers in Lahaina Harbor. It is a great company and we work with all levels of divers. We run a smaller boat so it is more of a personal experience. We also hit all the sites that the other companies go to. I would love to have your friend out with us when he gets here. If he does come out with us please have him mention that he heard about it on scuba board. Thanks

Without a doubt Maui Dreams https://www.facebook.com/MauiDreamsDiveCo The are great folks. Don and Rachel are like the friends you never knew you had. We did our Advanced with them and my daughter moved to Hawaii to do her Instructors final cert. I think they operate the Maui Diamond as well.

I would second shore diving with Shaka Doug, great guy and for a newbie diver, shore diving might be preferred. For boat diving, if your friend is in the Kihei area, you can't beat B&B. Great outfit, and if you don't mind getting up early they have a boat that leaves the harbor at sun-up. You can get two dives in and be back on the docks around 10:00 am with the whole rest of the day to play.
Not for everyone, but us insomniac, morning people dig that type schedule and maximization of holiday time :D

I'm going with SCUBA Luv Maui when I head over there. I've known Steve and Diana Madaras for some time but have never dived with them in Hawaii, just here on Catalina.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom