Who to dive with in Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your right fishb0y, they don't change vendors annually, but contracts are renewed annually and subsequenty some vendors do change. Especially if a vendor bids lower than the current year's contract. It is then awarded to a lower bidder.
But please, let's not turn this in to a "I know more about this than you" discussion.

Let's stick to the subject of lending a person some informative information about good dive operators on the island of Oahu based on "personal" experience not based on hearsay. If you had experienced some bad service from OC then say so. Then I hope you would have complained to OC and lended them some contructive suggestions on how to improve their service to the public.
Afterall, that would be the "professional" thing for us instructors to do right?

Safe diving

I noticed today my all-time favorite Instructor, Kirsten is now working for

http://oahudivecenter.com/ in Kailua.

That's who I would use for a child.

Not sure whose boat they use though...

Jack Aarons.

Cheers.

-J.-

Thanks for all the great info. Last time I was there I dove with Bill Keen See in Sea scuba, but I think he left the Island.

My wife just completed her OW referral with Lisa (justleesa) and Roger of Oahu Scuba Divers.

:wave-smil :wave-smil :wave-smil

I can not say enough good things about their operation, knowledge and courtesy.
:monkeydan

Hmmm... didn't realize that because I'm a "professional" I wasn't allowed an opinion. Let me rephrase my comment. Based on my experience, OC is a horrible operation. It seems like every time I walk in there, I come out angry. People I have spoke to have had the same experience. Enough said.

I always enjoy Reef trekkers when I am in town.
well, Andre clobbered me once.:D But it makes for a good story...
hey..my little sister enjoyed it.

you asked for an opinion. Here's mine:

Well, I've dove with Justleesa's husband and consider him first rate. I've dove several times with Ocean Concepts and consider them among the most professional of the operators on Oahu. I 've dove with Island Divers and consider them among the worst on the island. There are others who rank in between.

When picking an operator you should ask where they go and how they allocate time to your dives. Some that operate off the South side of the island limit dive time to be able to get in more charters during the day. Most of these don't control the boat. Others, like Ocean Concepts, control the boat schedule and are pretty flexible on dive time. Just issues to square away no matter who you go with.

One more comment: I discovered when I was there in January that there are some very strong emotions by the Island Divers afficianados against Ocean Concepts. It is just an indication of the pressure cooker atmosphere there. Just a factor to take into consideration when making a choice.

Pressure cooker atmosphere?? wth is that supposed to mean :)? Having experienced Ocean Concepts, and their less than stellar customer service towards locals might be more accurate a description of why some of us do not like them...and yes that is 1st hand personal experience.

My choice of LDS is Island Divers Hawaii, and as I recently experienced Leesa's attention to customer service I can also whole heartedly recommend Oahu Scuba Divers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom