Who sells nitrox in la and oc?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ye Ol Dive Shop in Simi Valley are a full NAUI Tech Center
and can fill any tank up to 40%
And 21% to 100% if the tank is o2 clean
And don’t forget Trimix and other specialty gases
You will have to call for prices but a standard fill should be around $12.00
Ye Ol' Dive Shop (805) 813-8165

Expensive! I pay $4/standard fill from Dive and Surf.

Dive and Surf do not currently fill nitrox. They pump air. (If you get a chance, check out the massive pump that they use from a WWII sub.)

Eco Dive Center is expensive, but they will pump per cubic foot. If you don't need a full fill, they might be a good option.

Openwater Habitat in Santa Ana do ANDI SafeAir and give you various mixes.

Has anyone actually used this shop ?

Not 100% sure about their filling process, but they don't seem to require O2 clean tanks indeed (or dont seem to care).

Open water habitat is a great spot. They have been around for a long time....

Guys are weird in there, but very knowledgeable and very smart. I trust them with all my ****.

Open water habitat is a great spot. They have been around for a long time....

Guys are weird in there, but very knowledgeable and very smart. I trust them with all my ****.

Yep, confirmed both above statements ;-)

The fill is 15$ though. But they don't require O2 clean tanks.

New England Divers in Long Beach fills 32% off banks (no cleaning). Only problem is you have to wait in the shop and it takes a while.

He WILL NOT let you leave tanks and is quite an ass about that policy.

$12/fill.

New England Divers (located in Long Beach at the corner of Clark and Spring) will fill 32 %, they can do up to 40 % but you must call ahead to have the banks switched and mix prepared. Standard price (for 32 %) is $16.00, but with a local club/student discount the fill is $12.00. Tanks are usually filled while you wait and it can take a few minutes. Sometimes the shop gets busy and you might have to wait a few minutes. Its ok to drop the tanks and go next door to get something to eat if there is a wait, as long as you understand the shop isn't a tank storage facility and don't whine about having to wait your turn, or throw a tantrum if don't get what you want right away.

Getting a fill can be easy if you call ahead to check how busy the shop is, or come in during slower times (lunch and late afternoons are very busy). The last fill is 30 minutes prior to closing; M-F 11 am to 6 pm (last fill @5:30) Sat. 12 pm to 5 pm, the last fill @ 4:30. It's always best to allow yourself a few extra minutes, waiting 'til the last minute is avoidable most of the time. Also, when it rains the compressor isn't run, the high moisture content in the air will cause issues, with both the compressor and your tank. So, if its ranining, wait a day or two.

The shop also will do VIP's while you wait (its better to bring the tank in empty, saves time not having to drain it) and hydrostatic testing. Hydro's take 5-10 working days.

http://www.nedscuba.net/index.htm

Beach Cities, Dana Point just installed a brand new filling station this week that allows for Trimix and banked 32%. I'm not yet sure how that will effect pricing.

Has anyone actually used this shop ?

Not 100% sure about their filling process, but they don't seem to require O2 clean tanks indeed (or dont seem to care).

It's possible that they bank the 32% and 36% so O2 clean would not be required. Because I usually get strange mixes I have O2 clean cylinders.

SSA in Montclair will require O2 clean because they do partial pressure fills, plus they want to charge you for the cleaning.

SSA in Montclair will require O2 clean because they do partial pressure fills, plus they want to charge you for the cleaning.

Will they accept a tank that is already O2 clean or are they one of those places that will require their own cleaning before filling?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom