Question Who sells backplates optimized for single tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you trying to get people to steal stop signs? You didn't think about the consequences of sharing that link, did you?
I do not condone the stealing of road signs to fabricate my designs from... :wink: Whereever did that story go? I bet there are many people these days who have never heard it.
(Edit: found a copy of it: https://asiakas.kotisivukone.com/files/sammakkomies.kotisivukone.com/diverite_39.pdf - also a slightly different telling of the story: The Backplate: Foundation of Technical Rigs - Dive Rite)

FWIW, I'm still - 14 years on - using my own single tank plate based on the design @lowwall shared above on the relatively rare occasions I dive a single tank.

The twinset plate design went through a further iteration - mostly making it narrower at the top - that I never wrote up, and I've never written up my sidemount harness hardware as it's not functionally different from plenty of others already out there - just fun to make.

plates.jpg

What do you mean? You are not making the freedom plate anymore?
I am, just not this minute, but I plan to resume production soon.
Pacific Coast Marine was a marine repair, stainless fabrication, U/W vessel maintenance/diving company I had from 2004-2009. I included plate manufacturing in the list of services since it was originally aimed at commercial diving.

Now I just make the plate and sell it online.

Back
Top Bottom