Who makes the best P-valve??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthWoodsDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am sold on the whites FUSION dry suit and I know I can get it with a Whites P-valve installed although that knocks delivery time way back but thats not the point. I have heard of balanced and unbalanced P-valves but I am not clear as to the difference. I know salvo, whites, DUI, Si-tech, dive rite, oms, halcyon and others make P-valves but who makes the one that the most reliable, user friendly, easy to install. Price is not the issue I want something good. Thanks

I have an OMS balanced which has been flawless. But if I needed another one, I'd get the new Halcyon balanced, which has a good price, installs easily, is light weight and black. I've seen a couple of them and one of my buddies has one.

They are all pretty much, "reliable, user friendly, easy to install."

good to hear, I was looking close and it appears that the halcyon one is actually marketed under a couple other names like DUI. But the halcyon looks nice, is there an online dealer for one, its so hard to find halcyon gear online. Thanks

It's a valve and you pee through it!! Why spend well over $100 on one? The difference between balanced and unbalanced is that the balanced have a valve the prevents water from flowing into the hose. But with that it also adds a point that can fail so you have to keep it clean.
If I was buying one for looks I would buy the OMS valve but not for that price.
If you want more info then go to Deco Stop and do a search. There is a couple hours of reading if you really want it. For the most part it is the same thing over and over.

I have an OMS balanced which has been flawless. But if I needed another one, I'd get the new Halcyon balanced, which has a good price, installs easily, is light weight and black. I've seen a couple of them and one of my buddies has one.

They are all pretty much, "reliable, user friendly, easy to install."
I just bought an OMS in preference to a Halycon. OMS now has a Pee valve available that is also lightweight and black but is also a bit lower in profile than the Halcyon valve. The price was the same so I went with lower profile and got the OMS valve.

OMS now has a Pee valve available that is also lightweight and black but is also a bit lower in profile than the Halcyon valve.
I've got the lightweight aluminum one, which they no longer make. I wonder how many gallons have passed through it.

BTW, I keep my check valve clean by squirting some mouthwash through the hose with a squeeze bottle.

I just bought an OMS in preference to a Halycon. OMS now has a Pee valve available that is also lightweight and black but is also a bit lower in profile than the Halcyon valve. The price was the same so I went with lower profile and got the OMS valve.

I've got the Halcyon. The reason it's got a higher profile is that it's got a "screw cap". You can "turn off" the Halcyon so that you're not "dripping" after you get out of the water. This seems like a good thing. The only other advantage to the Halcyon is that the hose on the Halcyon has a barb to connect to the cathether; on the OMS, you have to use o-rings or rubber bands to hold it on. I suppose you could just replace it.

So far, I'm happy with the Halcyon, but have no experience with the OMS.

I've got the Halcyon. The reason it's got a higher profile is that it's got a "screw cap". You can "turn off" the Halcyon so that you're not "dripping" after you get out of the water. This seems like a good thing. The only other advantage to the Halcyon is that the hose on the Halcyon has a barb to connect to the cathether; on the OMS, you have to use o-rings or rubber bands to hold it on. I suppose you could just replace it.

So far, I'm happy with the Halcyon, but have no experience with the OMS.

I did modify the OMS p-valve to add a barbed fitting and larger diameter hose. I haven't installed it yet, but I'm scheduled for some field testing this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom