Who Makes The BEST CLOTHING FOR DIVING?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some kind of fabric that won't show the wet suit under it. I have a dress that is sort of a jersey that fits the bill. But have only found one and it has become my dive uniform.

Some of the women around here use those shorts that won't show the wet suit, but I haven't seen any tops like that.

I am a little unsure what you mean, "won't show the wetsuit under it". Do you mean, the wetsuit doesn't peek out the bottom or sides when you are wearing it? Or is it that the fabric doesn't get wet and the wetsuit can be seen THROUGH it?

I have also noticed that most of the Dive Apparel out there seems tilted in favor of the men, and the women have little to choose from... Am I incorrect in this?

-jason

THIS was VERY relevant info. And something I have wondered about. And though group #1 might not be the largest group, they often are the industry leaders whom groups #2 and #3 look to for advice on their Apparel and Gear... So serving them, though not necessarily the largest demographic, in the end might lead to the greatest sales impact...

-jason

You'd be very surprised to learn just how LITTLE many of the "industry leaders" actually dive. I'm not talking photo ops, seminars or teaching. I'm talking about real diving. Most of the "industry leaders" are off, you know, leading the industry (I guess.)

Most of the hard cores are pretty anonymous by design. There simply aren't that many people who can hit it this hard, this often. The group of available buddies gets smaller and smaller the more dives you do.

I'll be contacting you about the site, for sure. I've looked into most of the majors - I would love to know more about Neon Sky.

I've PM'ed you my contact info. We're neighbors.

Oh - and Ricky looks quite stylish in his Tilly's. :kiss: Finest all purpose lid on the planet. I love mine.

Last: Jason, check out the writeup I did on Bottom Crawlers. Premium, design-focused dive gear for women. I met the designer / owner at DEMA - she's a sweetheart. Their stuff is different, embroidered (not just screened) and the designs are attractive, girlie and comfy. DMX DEMA 2007 Link

---
Ken

I am a little unsure what you mean, "won't show the wetsuit under it". Do you mean, the wetsuit doesn't peek out the bottom or sides when you are wearing it? Or is it that the fabric doesn't get wet and the wetsuit can be seen THROUGH it?

I have also noticed that most of the Dive Apparel out there seems tilted in favor of the men, and the women have little to choose from... Am I incorrect in this?

-jason

I think the intent was to not show the wet [swimming] suit under clothes...not a wetsuit. When topside, first thing to go for me is the wetsuit...then the wet swimming suit. :D But if the latter can't be achieved, you would want something that doesn't show that you are wearing a wet suit underneath your clothes.

anyone wear crocs, I see quite a lot of people on dive boats wearing them

Nobody wears crocks...

...and expects to be taken seriously.

...if they have a 32" waist.

...if they pull chicks.

...if they're local, and comfortable being local.

...if they had a salad for lunch this week.

...if they regularly trim their toenails.

...if they made the choice to not be a parent.

...if they don't have back hair.

...if they've been in a gym this week.

...if they think Jimmy Buffett and Jack Johnson are alternative sleeping medications.

...if they do over 250 REAL cold water dives a year (no, dives with Students, DM "dives" and class dives don't count, you shameless sandbagger)

...if they drive a car that ends in a vowel.

...if they live closer to the beach than to work.

...if they wear sunglasses that cost over $150

Its SoCal. We wear flipflips.

Goobers wear Crocs.

---
Ken

Does this mean I can't wear my beloved Crocs if I ever get a chance to visit you guys? :wink:

I actually enjoy wearing mine around the pool deck due to their grip. I slipped once a few years ago about about broke my arm and wrist at the same time...never again...

Does this mean I can't wear my beloved Crocs if I ever get a chance to visit you guys? :wink:

I actually enjoy wearing mine around the pool deck due to their grip. I slipped once a few years ago about about broke my arm and wrist at the same time...never again...

Broken arm? Pah, that's nothing compared to the beating you'd take from the fashion police, crocs indeed!:shakehead:

These go well with shorts though;

BritishWellies.com.jpg

I was wondering if people had a preference and why... What works? What can handle the environments? What is warm and dry?

I also backpack/hike. When on the water I want clothes that will wick/dry quickly so I use the gear I already have. There is no one manufacturer that stands out - Just artificial fibers.

Broken arm? Pah, that's nothing compared to the beating you'd take from the fashion police, crocs indeed!:shakehead:

Hey, looking good is half the battle! :D

Wear 'em. By all means, wear them, buddy.

It makes all of us SoCal's look better.

:mooner:

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom