Who makes a GREAT custom drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going to try to limp these 2 suits along for many years to come, as when one is being repaired I can now still dive the other. When it's time for a new suit, I'm not sure what I'll do. The premium suits are just SO expensive. And there's always so much other gear or classes to spend money o

I hang out with too many tec divers..... what do you mean you dont want to pay for that expensive charter to the great 130 foot dive because you only get 18 minutes of bottom time on nitrox, just get deco and advanced nitrox certified and come with us.

Other than that, I'm wondering the same as the OP. I have a drysuit right now I got because it gets me wet. I have no illusions as to durability though and dont expect long lifespan so I'm saving for a good suit that will last and trying to figure out which one.

I have used DUIs CF200, FLX and their TLS350 (used when I got it). Between the two, the CF200 is bulletproof, but heavy and takes forever to dry. I purchased the FLX Extreme a few years ago and sold it last year. It was MTM and had to be recut, and then when I got it back, it just didn't fit right. Of the three, the TLS350 is my favorite. Good range of motion, lightweight, and great to travel.
I also have a Santi E.Lite+, the only issue I had were the boots leaking after they were swapped for a larger size., which were covered under warranty. This is my go to suit right now and I really like the suit. I did opt to go with the brass zipper vs plastic zipper, I have heard to many issues with them failing (But hear they are testing a new TiZip, so who knows).
The only perfect suit is the one you like diving....

We are happy with our Mobby's suits - Queen Cruise Dry and Aquanaut Dry. FX/NP 3.5mm, full customs.

Anyone have any experience with Predator suits out of the U.K.?
Whilst I don't own a Predator drysuit, on personal recommendation I had the boots and neck seal replaced on my current drysuit by Dennis at Predator and am very happy with the results. Superb workmanship from a skilled craftsman.

Whilst collecting my suit, we had a long chat and I had a good look at one of his trilam Drysuits. A real work of art and beautifully finished. I know he only produces in small numbers. I can't comment on the feasibility of export or remote support, but if you're looking for something high quality, yet truly individual and bespoke, it would be worth giving him a call. Also a very nice bloke who has a passion for what he does.

@Graeme Fraser i have spoken to Dennis a bit sense I wrote this post. His suit with everything comes out on par with the most expensive of the big names. For that price you get a truly custom suit built by someone who truly cares if you like their product. I am still waiting to hear from SF Tech, but chances are I will be going with Dennis for my next dry suit.

I am very happy with my custom 4th Element Argonaut dry suit. Those guys are doing a LOT of things very well these days.

Finally got my new Otter Atlantic HD in the water weekend before last, felt great and kept me 100% dry, can't ask for much more. Will be putting some more dives on it this coming weekend, so far I am very satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom