Who is still diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here in South Florida diving was effectively shut down due to beach, boat ramp and dive charter closures from 3/20 through early May. However, we've been diving ever since. My only limiting factor these days is free time vs work time. I get in 4-6 dives a month typically.

Where in NB?
Bathurst, Saint John River and Yoho Lake for fresh water, McCann Head, Carrying Cove and Kelly's Cove (Green's Point) for Bay of Fundy salt water.

I've made only three shore dives since the virus hit.
But it's not the virus that's stopping me.
It's the surgeon who keeps cutting into me.
I'll be free and healed by the end of the month, then... I'll be back.

Finally had my first sea dives since lockdown ...

On the first dive the skipper arrived 10 mins in advance and the tide was late by 15 mins compared to what the skipper thought.

We were fully kitted in drysuit, waiting for what seemed an eternity, it was 32C with no place to hide on the boat (90 degrees Fahrenheit).

Fortunately the water was 18C so happy faces on the after dive picture :)

kSjFiWP.jpg

I am currently located in Indonesia and still diving. I have been diving so much in the last couple months I am actually taking a brake. Between March-July probably racked up about 70-80hr underwater. So still going strong here.

Like ATJ (who I know), I live in Sydney. Apart from when I was in quarantine after returning from a dive trip to Philippines, I have dived every weekend and many weekdays apart from when weather prohibited it (I am a bit more fussy then ATJ). Took my boat out today and had a remarkably good dive considering the weather conditions and the brown water coming out of the bays and harbours. Taking the boat out again tomorrow from Sydney Harbour to visit one of my favourite dive sites, The Colours. A total of 76 dives so far this year.

I got certified in March 2020 in Utila right before COVID became a huge thing. Since then (and accounting for 6 dry weeks after a knee surgery) I've logged 75 dives both fresh and salt water, done OW and overhead environments, and am now pushing into cave courses. My watch only counts a dive ended after 20 minutes on the surface so really these were 75 tanks or boat dives.

...all from Kansas where diving isn't the most intuitive hobby. Where there's a will, there's a way.

I've only gotten in 61 dives/63 hours so far this year, many less than in the last 5 or 6 years. However, things have improved. I did not dive at all from March 7 through June 4, 49 dives since then. All my dives have been in SE FL, some very good ones :)

Back in the high life again
Back in the high life, part 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom