Who is still diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No good diving in Indiana unless you like murky cold lakes. I had big trip in May canceled out but just put minimal deposits on trips for next year. So put down 10%, got travel insurance (cost almost nothing on a deposit) started so that pre-existing would be covered, wont book flights till see whats up early next year. So minimum investment for now. Thing is, so many people had their trips busted so far this year, that they are all moving them to next year and things are filling up on liveaboards and lodges. So if you don't book soon you will be left out of distant destinations.

Did three dives in Catalina Island yesterday. Captain said most boats were running at capacity and he's booked until November. It was my first time diving in over a year.

Went to Coz two weeks ago. Did a total of seven dives. The first dive was a refresher course, as I hadn't dove in a year.

I recently counted 33 dives this calendar year, split between 4 states, as well as between the ocean, 4 different lakes, and the St Lawrence River. Drove with all my gear to all these dives.

In my book, these are solid numbers for 2020, which is not over yet by any means :)

Highlights include 7 gorgeous wreck/shark dives in near ideal conditions in NC, close to 5 dozens lobsters from local dives, my first object recovery dive (successful), as well as a bizarre trip to a location I’m not going to name where a boat didn’t show up, but the day was saved by a 100ft deep shore dive with a good group of locals.

I dove through most if it. There was a short period of time when access to everything was shut down but it didn't last long.

Thats the plus side of shore diving.

During the first half of this year, 50 dives all around Taiwan to start my scuba diving life...
It feels like the international travelling restrictions have pushed even more Taiwanese people to start exploring the underwater world.
French Polynesia along the way, and then maybe some diving Galapagos towards the end of the year :cheers:

I was able to log 30 dives since the beginning of June when operations restarted here: 16 on the Portuguese Atlantic mainland coast (Porto and Sesimbra, near Lisbon) and 14 in the Azores (Faial and Pico Islands).

Whale shark, mobulas and blue sharks in the Azores so can't really complain, in spite of having canceled a Red Sea liveaboard.

Going to spend the upcoming months getting used to dive dry...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom