Who is diving what on Saturday 4/21?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Somewhere out of PCB, no idea on the exact sites yet. Perhaps a beach dive locally later that afternoon.

seadoggirl:
Boat dudes! It's opening day of Snapper Season! Who is spearfishing?
What about Capt. Tim? You can't hitch a ride with him?

I am diving off a boat, for once :p In PCB, with Capt Logan, will be spearfishing - for Red Snapper, or whatever else... I really don't care if snapper get in my way or some Grouper - its all the same to me.

I am diving off a boat, for once :p In PCB, with Capt Logan, will be spearfishing - for Red Snapper, or whatever else... I really don't care if snapper get in my way or some Grouper - its all the same to me.

I thought I saw you landing at St Andrews off a spearfishing charter yesterday as iIwas launching. Could'nt anyone get a shot off at the Bull?

Wife and I just decided at 10 A.M to take the boat out fishing, caught some Black sea bass, sand perch, and of course catfish,.. I am sure your catch was more impressive!

Saw another dive charter being towed in,.. just ahead of the Splash as it was coming in as about 13:00

Rivers are up,..Tuesday I had a hard time finding Blue spring, shot right past it the first time, then on the way back saw it bubbline through the trees.

Thursday covered about 50 miles on the river, put in at Carryville/90 landing, up past Cerrogodo and then back down 9 miles south of I-10.

Anyone been to Morrison the past couple of days? I may go there this P.M. or Cypress, or jsut go fishing at Pate.

Yeah, that was us - I guess I missed you guys. I didn't see the Bull, it came along after I exitted the water. If I had seen it, I would have left it alone. One guy did get a bead on it, then came to his senses.

I knabbed me a nice AJ off the Black Bart, passed on several legal, but small, Red Snapper. We also dove Twin Tugs(or is it Two Tugs?).

AJ321.jpg

What do they charge for the charter?

I last dove Black Bart in 99 with Hydro space when they were at their old location.

I am still confused as to the ships name. It was renamed in memory of CaptainCharles Bartholomew the navy's supervisor of salvage in Panama City and responsible for many joint artificial wreck projects between the Navy and the community.

The Black Barts, often Bartholomew's were not heros. the captain of the Hms Swallor, Black Bart, the Wells Fargo stagve robber, Black Bart. Is he related?

About spearing the sharks,...It is illegal to spear sharks,.. you have to catch them with a line.

Curious about the spearing of Red Snapper, does the size limit apply? Normally you cannot spear fish that are controlled by the FWC for size and egg bearing. They are not on the no spear list, though do have a size limit.

I would not want to ask FWC,... a few years back I emailed about using a fishing pole while diving. The next regs were revised to read that you cannot take freshwater fish by any means of underwater swimming. This puts a wrench in collecting for aquiriums as there was already a reg for catching game fish with nets.

No Spear List

Billfish, Sturgeon, Sharks, Tarpon, who would want to try, Snook, Nassau Grouper, Red Drum(Red Fish), Stone Crab, African Pompano, Tripletail, Spotted eagle ray, Manta Ray, Bonefish, Goliath Grouper, Blue Crab, Spotted sea trout, Weakfish, Pompano, Permit, Lobster.

Mother-in-laws and ex-wives are not on the list.

Back
Top Bottom