Who is best for getting a new neck Zipseal installed on a DUI suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Marie13...I was quoting just the long term maintenance costs when I talked about the $138 for the DUI neck zip sesal.

@rhwestfall agreed...my next suit will not likely be a DUI. But, I am wary if I can find a good one, new for less than $1300 out the door with zip neck/wrist seals, hip pocket [yes, they can be glued on by myself], front entry, good valves, good fit, etc...maybe I can go up to $1500 but my family will be wanting $1500 in spa treatments in Legos to make things fair...

This one is a pretty rare suit...a bit older from about 2005...and in excellent shape. I am a bit concerned about the seams eventually leaking, sooner than later...and putting $450 into the suit now may not be smart. But, if I can sell it down the road for $5-800...that would help a lot towards a new suit.

I know a number of people with the older DUI suits, same vintage as yours, and they’re still going strong.

My upgrade install was a couple years ago, just previously to Kathy Long leaving them. I did a huge overhaul (Zips, pads, zipper, and it had leaks to fix, and extra wrist and neck seals). I got it back, and it leaked! Complained, and they said it was fine. I don't give up.... I sent them (directly to Kathy who was not in that department) pictures of the seam threads poking through the interior of the newly applied seam sealant down in the socks.... Kathy stepped in and took care of it. They covered shipping both ways, and we negotiated a bit more compensation....

I hope that things have improved.... I have hear that they have.

Like I said, you need to hold them accountable to do it and/or make it right....

My next suit likely won't be one of theirs, but I do like the one I have (custom cut CF200x).

YMMV
Same, about a year ago with my CF200. Replaced the turbo soles with socks and rock boots, replaced the zipper, replaced the knee pads. Got it back and it leaked from around the pee valve (where the fabric flexes)

me: Emailed and told them
DUI: replied how they leak test everything
me: Yeah no you screwed up and missed this
DUI: But we leak test everything
me: no you missed it and I am sending it back for you to fix it
DUI: but we leak test everything
me: Gimme the RMA or else
DUI: ok but we leak test everything

They fixed it, just expect whiney BS

OK, I am now curious about the Zip Seal vs SI Tech Quick Neck....anyone have compelling info either way?

@Andy in Gap , I called those folks....they were super helpful and nice! I may use them if I go the SI Tech route...

OK, I am now curious about the Zip Seal vs SI Tech Quick Neck....anyone have compelling info either way?

@Andy in Gap , I called those folks....they were super helpful and nice! I may use them if I go the SI Tech route...

The ZipSeal neck ring is much more flexible and much less in the way than than both the first generation and second generation SiTech neck rings. The ZipSeal pretty much disappears. SiTech? Hah!

I tried a rental as part of my research for my Cadillac suit that had the si tech. The ring did not allow me to reach my valves, so instant no go.

I hope to report back on zip seals when the weather let's me get in the water.

The sitech is much larger and fatter and like a ring ring

The G2 neck zip is barely larger than a zip lock baggie seal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom