Who in SoCal has the coolest Viz sticker?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
The viz on my tanks is up 11/04. This means I need to go get them vized in a week.

This is a big decision for me. I dive steel tanks, and don't have stickers and crapola all over them. Dull gray - the color God intended tanks to be. So the only sticker on my tank is my viz - carefully placed on the inside (facing the BP) by me so its straight and centered.

The stakes are high, and the game is on.

Last years winner was Dive & Surf. Cool blue and white sticker, oval, very SoCal looking. Although not die-cut, quite an acceptable Viz sticker.

Some others I've considered:

* Sport Chalet - boring silver rectangle. Please.

* Hollywood Divers - sort of a Harley Davidson rip-off. Nice.

* I think Ocean Adventures in Venice has a cool sticker. I like their store sticker... anyone seen their viz?

Colors are nice, Die-Cut is a huge plus. The shop with a die-cut tastefully colored sticker will get my biz this year.

I need some help from you SoCals. I'll drive from San Diego to Santa Barbara for a cool Viz sticker. I gotta look at this thing all year, so I gotta make a good choice. If you know of a dive shop who gets it and makes a cool viz sticker, lemmie know. If it rules, I may put it facing out this year.

Give me some ideas.

Thanks

K

too funny... not sure where you get 'em, but I know GUE has viz stickers... tres cool, ultra hip and a mark of distinction

I'll make a call and see what I find out

ChrisM:
too funny... not sure where you get 'em, but I know GUE has viz stickers... tres cool, ultra hip and a mark of distinction

I'll make a call and see what I find out

That's why you rock. Its just who you are, your a giver...

K

ChrisM:
Well, when I get a nitrox fill at Scuba Toys in Cypress, Jim uses a GUE label to mark the mix. But for basic vis it's sort of an anti-chic no-name yellow square with holes punched for O2 cleaning.

Not that there are a lot of GUE-affiliated shops in L.A. ... wait a minute, he could drive his tanks up to Seattle to Fifth Dimension. I'm sure they have something slick.

Frank O:
Well, when I get a nitrox fill at Scuba Toys in Cypress, Jim uses a GUE label to mark the mix. But for basic vis it's sort of an anti-chic no-name yellow square with holes punched for O2 cleaning.

Not that there are a lot of GUE-affiliated shops in L.A. ... wait a minute, he could drive his tanks up to Seattle to Fifth Dimension. I'm sure they have something slick.

Can't get my tank filled locally at SC or at Cat Dive Park with an EAN Viz...

Should have mentioned that. Sorry.

Someone's gotta have a cool Viz sticker. We just gotta find it.

K

Mo2vation:
Can't get my tank filled locally at SC or at Cat Dive Park with an EAN Viz...
You can't? I get air fills at SC all the time in my steel 72's that have O2 clean stickers from Scuba Toys. Mind you I follow GUE and not ANDI protocol -- no screaming yellow-and-green NITROX wrap-around, just a plain tank with the one discreet vis sticker, then a temporary strip that gets slapped on after a nitrox fill showing the %, fill date, etc. (And of course I know that SC air is not certified hydrocarbon-free to partial pressure blending standards.) But I have the feeling you wouldn't like Scuba Toys' vis sticker anyway -- 'way too plain and anti-chic.

PhotoTJ:
What does die-cut mean?

Example: why use a boring off-the-shelf rectangle, square or oval, when you can have your sticker in the actual shape of the Harley-Davidson symbol, or the shape of a cresting Dolphin, or the shape of ____________, etc.

Its more expensive, but makes for a much more expressive sticker. Major points for a die-cut Viz sticker.

K

I've had comments about how cool the Hollywood Divers sticker looks from people at dive shops or people passing by.

Of course, I'm also the one making X-Shorts into a fashion statement. Everyone needs a pair! :11:

Christian

I think if you want to make a statement, have a graphic artist draw some extreme graphics and then seal them with some clear coat paint. This will stand out more than a vis-inspection sticker that will be tore up by the 6th month of inspection.

I think I like this idea, lets see what I can get done by end of year, might start a new trend……you never know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom