Who hates their White Fusion Dry Suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really sounds like you need a drysuit that FITS. I’m short and round. The L/XL Fusion fit okay, but while it worked for recreational diving, it didn’t work for tech. Several tech divers were telling me last year to get a new drysuit. Not so easy when you’re unemployed. The custom DUI makes a big difference. Better mobility, etc. I think any drysuit is easier to get into with thin undies. Definitely has been my experience.
I totally agree and a class with a teacher who can teach......maybe eventually in the future if I get too cold I will spring for the custom DUI.

Well.....my White's Fusion Tech dry suit journey is over......I have sold it.....and like they say for boat owners....."the two happiest days are the day you bought it and the day you sold it" This is so true......it just never fit me right.....I never was fully comfortable.....I struggled with it all the way......the super nice guy that bought the suit put it on with ease......it fit him so much better than it ever fit me. His size fit the profile of the sizing chart......He got a great deal on a suit with very few dives on it......I am so happy to sell it to him.....it may sound crazy but the weight I no longer feel having to figure out this loosing proposition is huge. I have never looked forward to diving in a wetsuit like I am now. I really was never that cold in a wetsuit.....Thank you everyone who spent time writing and sending me advise to assist me through this endeavor. Not all dry suits fit off the rack! No matter what the LDS people say.....take what they say with a grain of salt.....I was duped, lied too and when I told them I was having trouble and thought I should sell it instead of helping me they said...."try selling it on CL"! Thank you all again.

I've purchased some crappy gear throughout my diving years but I think that dry suit tops the list. One of the biggest POS I ever owned.

No one to blame by myself, to actually believe that "it feels like a 3mil" was naive. I guess I couldn't believe that there's people out there that doesn't know what is like to actually be comfortable underwater, so small aggravations are normal and one HAS to accept different levels of discomfort.
Not me, all my gear disappears once I hit the water, they exist to facilitate me being there, if something acts up and takes my attention it will be either fixed or eliminated for the next dive.
There's no fixing for that garbage bag they called dry suit.

I'm "moderately" ok with my fusion. Purchased used (sucker!). I've figured out how to don and doff it fairly easily. I'm pleased with it's in water performance. Off the rack suits aren't great for my body shape, so having that tight shell eliminates a lot of the baggy I have with my standard 2xl trilam, which I love. But I never, ever finish a dive dry in it. Wasn't sure if it was sweat, condensation, a leak or a combo. Sent it in for repairs and a pee valve. Got it back and I'm still wet after a dive. It's pretty consistently "all over" so I'm chalking it up to condensation I suppose. I've got 3 drysuits, all bought used, that I'm moderately ok with, but I really want to pull the trigger on a custom seaskin.

I have 2 AL, AirCore versions. Nice and dry (after have the cores replaced under warranty :confused: - That whole moved production Canada->MX->Canada kerfuffle.) One bought new, one post-warranty. Admittedly both "young" but I like them and find them pretty easy to dive with minimal bubble-chasing. 🤷‍♂️ Different strokes, folks.

Now I just need to find some local dive opportunities again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom