Who has the Best Scuba Mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went through several masks, all had minor leaks. Bought a color correcting masks (brand dosen't matter) and it fits so well Im getting the same one in clear. I almost never have leaks or clearing problems. Point being, biggest factor is fit, not style or brand.

I'll answer the original question with another question. What diver out there has the best face?

You said it all with that sentence......

...face fit and nose fit. I got two different brands (Cressi Big Eyes and Mares X-Vission) and felt nearly the same at the shop (all manufacturers are looking at each other), excellent field vission but consider you will be wearing it for around 1 hour and the deeper you go preasure will increase. Look for confort.

Jon O:
...face fit and nose fit. I got two different brands (Cressi Big Eyes and Mares X-Vission) and felt nearly the same at the shop (all manufacturers are looking at each other), excellent field vission but consider you will be wearing it for around 1 hour and the deeper you go preasure will increase. Look for confort.

the pressure differential won't increase which is what matters, you blow a little air in your mask so it's equalized with outside. (If you don't you get that lovely mask-ring-around-the-face.)

I had a Tusa Visualator (or something like that) but it was a HUGE airspace and took at least 3 good breaths to clear a partialy filled mask. (it's nice for snorkelling, but not for diving) At the advice of a friend, I got a SeaVision Transvision 2000 (with color correction) and I LOVE it! I was using it, and tried my old mask and the difference is amazing!

But the bottom line is does it fit well, and stay comfy?

Another vote for the Cressi Big Eyes, soft rubber too............the fact that you can see your chest, looking down is nice for attaching or removing things from D-rings/pockets.

Tampabay:
Here is another subject that keeps me puzzle... With so many types of Scuba Mask out there. Which one has the best fit.
I know it depends on face shape and so on..... But which is better?
Mask with frame or with out? I want to hear it from Divers who Dive and not from a sale person.

Tusa Liberator. All others today are copies. With a few eccentric exceptions. And I heard recently that they stopped making them. It figures. I had my first one in 1989 and it lasted for 10 years until the silicon got a hole poked in it. Just got another and was told it may be a collector's item as it may have been one of the last. Is this true?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom